Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GuyNixon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Option Rollout Date: 12/16/1998 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To TMF Taxes:

I am rolling out call option at a loss (Selling Dec. Calls, buying Jan calls, can I claim the losses against my capital gain?

Thanks for your time and effort.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7280 of 121061
Subject: Re: Option Rollout Date: 12/16/1998 8:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[I am rolling out call option at a loss (Selling Dec. Calls, buying Jan calls, can I claim the losses
against my capital gain?]]

Sorry, Guy. But since option plays are not part of the Foolish Filosophy, we generally don't deal with option questions here in the folder. It is also possible that options are much more complex than may be thought on first blush...especially complex option plays.

You might check out the Fairmark web site (http://www.fairmark.com) and read more there. Kaye Thomas deals with a number of options issues, and if he doesn't have a section that deals with your specific issues, I'm sure that if you drop him a line, he'll be more than happy to help you with your options issues.

I hope that you understand...
TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement