UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RS429CJ Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265934  
Subject: OPTIONS Date: 12/9/2012 11:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One recent fool article notates that december is a bad month to
try and change your habits! Jeff Fisher is pushing e-mail offers
to join up to there Options trading with a deadline of december 11
to join at a discount.
I just don't know about this options thing seems a bit over my head,
but i am quite interested!
Seems a person would have to change some habits to make the time
for options and is it even viable for a really small fry invester
like myself as i only own as of now 7 stocks totaling less than
20K !
any advise much appreciated
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259852 of 265934
Subject: Re: OPTIONS Date: 12/10/2012 12:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
One recent fool article notates that december is a bad month to
try and change your habits! Jeff Fisher is pushing e-mail offers
to join up to there Options trading with a deadline of december 11
to join at a discount.
I just don't know about this options thing seems a bit over my head,
but i am quite interested!
- RS429CJ | Date: 12/9/2012 11:57:42 PM | Number: 259851

I have in the past started several options and derivative portfolios at Investment firms I have worked with in the past decades, starting in 1976. For a period of time, I even traded on the Floor of the CBOE in Chicago along-side traders from Merrill & Goldman.

I consider myself a very experienced, seasoned Options Expert, but do not currently use options as a regular part of my investment activities. Also, I would not expect to be able to teach others about Options from a distance. Side-by-side experience at a Trading Desk with all of the required Tools and Information Resources works best.

My current investment activities are focused on starting companies and Venture Capital investments.

Kahuna, CFA
Founding General Partner
Institutional Venture
Capital Limited Partnership
2012 - 2019
Kailua-Kona 96745

Author: HarryG Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259862 of 265934
Subject: Re: OPTIONS Date: 12/10/2012 11:44 AM
Using options as part of an investment strategy can be beneficial - IF you take the time to learn about what you are doing:-) I consider the time spent in this area well worth it.

Kahuna is a professional investor. I'm not. He advises against it, especially if you don't have someone literally at your side, guiding you as you learn. I disagree with that. If that were the only way to learn, then nobody but professional investors would be trading in options (or stocks, for that matter), except the very few who could get a professional to sit by their side and guide them.

The material provided by the options service at The Fool is very comprehensive. It takes you step by step through the learning process, and shows you everything you need to know, to get involved. PROVIDED you are willing to read, think, read some more, and think some more:-)

There is also a very active community of members who are all always willing to help out newcomers.

For what it's worth, I would suggest that if you are interested in learning about this facet of investing, by all means, join. Remember, there is always the money back guarantee, if you find it is not to your liking!

Harry G
A happy subscriber to TMF Options

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement