Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife (a physician) works part time for a group of physicians. The partners in the group (the established full-time workers) have a profit-sharing plan in place for their retirement. They do not offer this option to their part-time employees. The "group" said they would gladly send moneys deducted from her monthly paycheck pre-tax to a retirement account. However, I am unclear what legal account this could be sent to. She has an IRA and variable annuity (Index Fund-Vanguard) to which she has contributed post-tax dollars for years. Is there an account she could set up that could legally receive pre-tax dollars to serve the purpose as a retirement account and be the equivalent of 401(k) or 403(b)??? Or if there is nothing offered by the employer ("the group") is she unable to place pretax dollars in a tax-deferred vehicle? Please advise. Thanks in advance. PAG
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.