No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Fellow Fools,

I've been an SA member (and hands on investor) for one year and am thinking about joining MF Options, although slightly intimidated as I have a lot to learn. I'd like to add more income generation to my portfolio and am also thinking this would help me (through distraction) keep my commitment to not selling any of my current SA recs for three years unless SA tells me to. (Trying to let the business theses play out.)

A basic question: Assuming I need to keep enough cash on hand to cover any stocks I might need to buy if, say, a put I sell doesn't pan out, how much cash is enough to benefit from the service considering the $1000 subscription price? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Also, right now all my investing is done through my retirement account, but I sorta liked the idea of maybe using this extra cash to, say, pay down our mortgage, which will be a barrier to retirement if we wanted to keep our home. But isn't that somewhat unrealistic in that the capital gains I'd pay in a non-tax-defferred account wouldn't be worth it?

Thanks for any insight!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement