No. of Recommendations: 0
Or you could leave and they could contract right back to you. Almost everyone I know who has left a company to go out on their own has consulted back to that same company - on better terms.

Really? I wonder if that varies by industry. In my current company and the last company I worked for (insurance), they have a very strict policy in place that they will not hire any former employee of the company as a contractor until they've been gone for at least 5 years.

Also, based on my experience, my industry doesn't hire contractors or consultants except in the IT area. Maybe on the financial side (accounting, investments), but I suspect they don't because of fiduciary concerns.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement