UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37112  
Subject: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/12/2012 1:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
I'm pregnant with our third child, and today I was thinking about what I'm looking forward to getting rid of over the next several months. We already have all the baby stuff we will ever need, so much more coming in won't be an issue, aside from the obvious like a crib for the babe to sleep in.

That said, I'll be able to get rid of half the baby clothes I've kept for the last four years. Since I already have a son and a daughter, I'm pretty well covered either way. Or the kid is covered either way!

And once the kid is born, I can start to get rid of my maternity clothes, most of which I've had since I was pregnant with my son.

I cannot wait to never see these things again!

Then, as I lose weight after the baby is born, I can slowly release all the big girl clothes I've kept for those post-partum times. Sigh.

As grateful as I am to have kept all tis stuff around and to be using it now (and soon), it will feel so freeing to clear it out of my house!

Woo hoo!

Cassandra
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35912 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/12/2012 4:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm pregnant with our third child,

and how are you doing with that?

peace & !!!
t

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35913 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/12/2012 11:10 AM
Recommendations: 1
We're good. Both excited and terrified, which I think is normal and appropriate at this point. :)

Cassandra

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35914 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/12/2012 11:41 AM
Congratulations, Cassandra!!! :)

Andrea

Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35915 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/12/2012 12:28 PM
Yay! A Baby!!!

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35917 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/13/2012 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 3
Congratulations! It's wonderful to be pregnant when you know you're are totally and completely DUNZO with the baby having because you can appreciate the good, flip off the bad and - as you noted - make a real and definite plan to get rid of the stuff you've been hanging onto.

I loved being able to get rid of the corduroy maternity pants in early spring to a friend who was due in the fall. I loved passing quickly-outgrown baby swings and bouncers and push toys and other space hogs on to friends whose babies were right behind mine. Outgrown clothes* go in a variety of boxes in various closets (consign, donate, give to [specific person]). It's so GREAT. Fitting, too, since most of these things were given to me by people eager to get rid of Baby Stuff (TM) lo those many years ago (8) when i got pregnant with Hobbes. Whenever i hear about a new baby, it's hard to discern whether i'm more excited about the impending arrival or that i have yet another opportunity to foist my cast-offs on another family.

I'm in that mindset now as the dudes are outgrowing stuff, conveniently at the season's end. I've got a few bags of things and plan to drop them off on some friends' doorsteps and kid-centric charities in the coming weeks.

Most everything else in our house/life is chaotic but this is one area over which i am finally FINALLY exerting a modicum of control. Bliss!

* I worry i'm becoming caricature by constantly posting AskMoxie links but i liked this one from while back about organizing kids' clothing:

http://www.askmoxie.org/2012/04/dealing-with-kids-clothes-at...

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35918 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/13/2012 5:34 PM
Thanks, snipped!

Yes, it's great to go through pregnancy and know that this is the LAST time I have to do this! After seven pregnancies, four miscarriages, and two kids, plus this pregnancy, I am DONE. I'm so tired of the maternity clothes that I've had for the last FIVE years!

Here in SoCal, we mostly have summer clothes, with just a smattering of cool weather clothes. So mostly I sort by gender and size. And depending on what gender this baby is, I'll immediately get rid of everything I won't need. And thanks for the AskMoxie link- I've pretty well got it under control, but it was a good review. :)

Cassandra

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35919 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 9/13/2012 5:41 PM
Oops. Silly auto-correct turned snippee into snipped!

Sorry!

Cassandra

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35960 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 10/16/2012 11:53 PM
Recommendations: 11
It's a boy!

And once we confirmed that little detail, I promptly shipped off 115 POUNDS offline sizes of baby girl clothing to a friend of mine who is a single mom of a baby girl. And I still have five large garbage bags of baby girl clothing and other baby stuff that we don't need that are ready to be donated as soon as I can get to the charity.

Woo hoo!

Cassandra

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35963 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 10/30/2012 6:51 PM
Recommendations: 5
As it turns out, a friend of mine is pregnant with a baby girl and is due a week after I am. So she and I are going to swap clothes- ill give her the rest of the baby girl clothes I have, and she will pass her boy clothes for her older child to me. Love it!

Cassandra

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35981 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 11/12/2012 8:13 PM
Recommendations: 3
Lily is two and a half, and suddenly has been showing a lot of belly and her pants aren't staying up, so I bagged up four large garbage bags of her 2T clothes, winter and summer, and gave them to a friend for her daughter, who turned two on Saturday.

I've been going through the EIGHT 18 gallon bins of 3T clothing I have for Lily, sorting into winter and summer, and now I'm pulling together about 20 outfits for each season that we will keep, and the rest I will give away to someone. A least one bin turned out to be 4T, so I'll hang onto that for when the time comes.

It will be great to clean out some of these clothes and know that I've got enough for her without having too much. Cuz right now I have WAY TOO MUCH.

I also got about one bins' worth of baby girl clothes back from a friend, and I'll either send them to another friend, or give them away locally.

It feels good to be cleaning out some more, even if it does take me lots longer than it did pre-children and pre-pregnancy. :)

Now to get some of the baby boy clothes back from my SIL!

Cassandra

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35986 of 37112
Subject: Re: Organizing for #3 Date: 11/13/2012 3:17 PM
Lily is two and a half, and suddenly has been showing a lot of belly and her pants aren't staying up, so I bagged up four large garbage bags of her 2T clothes, winter and summer, and gave them to a friend for her daughter, who turned two on Saturday.

My mom gave me corduroy trousers for DD at that age and warned me not to do that because the belly suddenly gets skinny at age 6 and the pants can all be worn again. She left the hems long and just folded them up and hemmed them and we let them down in first grade.

YMMV

MOI

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement