UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956745  
Subject: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/21/2013 11:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2

Evangelical Christians have been on the prowl for babies to adopt for the last decade or so. They even have a revivalist weekend every year called “Orphan Sunday.”

The drive for orphans has created a black-market for babies. In Guatemala it got so bad, gangs kidnapping babies, that the government had to step in and stop adoptions from the United States. Romania had to stop halted international adoptions, because kids were being bought from their parents.

Some Christian groups have begun to heed the call to do good works overseas, by focusing on aid that keeps families intact or improves local foster care and adoption

If it smells like religious intentions are involved, it’s got to be fu*ked up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/opinion/sunday/the-evangel...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899713 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 7:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If it smells like religious intentions are involved, it’s got to be fu*ked up.

Oh, please. The USSR had religious intentions when it thought the state could raise babies better than the parents? North Korea's intentions are religious? I am sure El Salvador's orphanages are utopia ten fold.

For people who claim to be progressive internationalists, it sure is important for them to keep certain segments of society categorized and enveloped in their "native" nation.

How many Jewish babies that were saved from the gas chambers during the Holocaust whose religion ending up being Christian are effed up?

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899714 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 7:48 AM
Recommendations: 0
At the height of Guatemala’s adoption boom in the middle of the last decade, nearly 1 percent of babies were sent to the United States, before stories of child buying and even kidnapping prompted a shutdown in 2008. Then the boom shifted to Ethiopia and, now, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The problem is not evangelicals, the problem is corrupt officials who want to sell babies, not find them a good home.

One of my husband's cousin's sister wife has been trying to adopt the same child from Africa for twelve years. Finally, last weekend, out of the blue they "approved" the adoption. No warning, they said they were putting her on a plane and she better be there.

Her sister went along with her to welcome the child and had to cancel her plans to attend our daughter's wedding.

12 years and she still adopted her. How long will it take to heal the child from the 12 years of BS she went through?

There was nothing religious about her intentions.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899726 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 11:42 AM
stone: The problem is not evangelicals, the problem is corrupt officials who want to sell babies, not find them a good home.

You have it exactly backwards; demand creates supply.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899743 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 2:51 PM
You have it exactly backwards; demand creates supply.

Is it your belief, there would be no orphans in those countries if it wasn't for people (religious or non-religious)who want to adopt babies?

Is it your belief the dirty rotten stinking autocrats have nothing to do with this?

Is it your belief that if evangelicals said, "OK we will only adopt American babies" these orphans/ problems would go away? That there would be no orphans? That the kidnappings would stop.

They don't ever kidnap them to sell into slavery? All the autocrats and their gangster thugs care about is who is paying the most money, not "what is best for the child".

Is it your belief these parents never have to (or would) sell their children into forced labor?

What's the market price for a slave these days as opposed to a baby for adoption?

Is it your contention, that when atheists adopt babies it is far nobler?

Author: NoSeeUm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899762 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 8:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
Maybe those good Christians should spend less time in church and more time in bed.

Jimbo

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899764 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/22/2013 9:10 PM
I think they wrap it up in cellophane

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899928 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/24/2013 6:16 AM
Recommendations: 1
Oh please, the lefty duplicity here is palpable. You guys constantly (CONSTANTLY!) whine about "right to life" advocates not caring about the kids after they're born. Then you turn around and complain that they are adopting too many orphans?!? Have you no shame?

No, of course not... you're liberals.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1899932 of 1956745
Subject: Re: Orphans for Christians Date: 9/24/2013 6:23 AM
No, of course not... you're liberals.

The people on this board who claim to be liberals, aren't liberals. They're not conservatives. They're just control freaks.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement