UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFMurph Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 465322  
Subject: OT- A decade of learning... Date: 4/21/2013 8:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
Hi All!

Well, I got up today and logged into TMF as usual....and then I saw the TMF anniversary/birthday balloons! ;-)

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since I took my financial destiny away from the "pros" on Wall Street....what an amazing education/ride!

I tripped across TMF almost by accident back in 2003 and started reading....and then asking lots of questions...and getting lots of intelligent answers from great and generous Fools like admiraltroll ( TMF Admiral now ),1000 ( TMF1000) and FoolishCop ( TMFCop ), among many, many others. To say I was blown away by the amount of great info and helpfulness would be an understatement.

So, I joined Stock Advisor...and then Hidden Gems when it started up, with TomG always on the boards...and then Income Investor with Mathew,...and then Inside Investor with Philip.....and later I was there for the start of some great boards, like the BMW Method ( thanks Jim! ) and Value Hounds ( awesome board LeKitKat!).....well, that's enough for now; it was "total immersion"!

At first, I was intimidated by the TMF boards and their many smart participants, feeling that, as a "newbie", I had nothing to add/contribute. But over time, I began to realize that there were areas where I had business expertise that could be useful to others, and so I screwed up my courage, and at the age of 57, made my very first computer board post. What a great experience...being able to give back a little something after having received so very much from so many generous Fools!

Fast forward to today, with my investing strategy set and succeeding beyond my wildest dreams...all the while, still learning more and more from the stream of brilliant Fools who inhabit this space....and having the privilege to continue to contribute as a Home Fool on both Income Investor with James Early and Special Ops with Tom Jacobs, as well as the Community boards. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Thanks Tom and David for creating this growing, ever-changing investing environment called TMF...truely a thing of beauty, that touches so many lives!

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FastMike Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 421099 of 465322
Subject: Re: OT- A decade of learning... Date: 4/21/2013 9:15 AM
Recommendations: 0
"...It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since I took my financial destiny away from the "pros" on Wall Street..."

Dear TMFMurph:

”…Well, God give them wisdom that have it; and those that are fools, let them use their talents…”

I think that what's-his-name wrote that.

Happy Anniversary!

Your clowing Fool,
FM

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement