Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BruceBrown Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8764  
Subject: OT: A word of thanks... Date: 7/28/2001 1:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 70
I simply wanted to share a kind word of thanks to the many Fools who took the time to send thoughts and prayers my way who evidently followed a link to a post I made on the Gorilla Game board over at SI a couple of weeks ago. I just arrived back in Vienna this morning following time spent with my family in the states after a rather difficult and sudden loss in our family. I see my mail box is filled with kind words and condolences as well. I'll try to respond to all of them and I apologize if I don't get to each and every one of them this week. I'm simply too drained at the moment to rush into that, but I did want to take the time to share my warmest thanks for those that took the time to extend their condolences.

We all face adversity and experience attitude altering events along our journey of life. Without trying to say anything profound or that hasn't been said by many, many others in the past based on their personal experiences - if you have kids, I encourage you to take the time to cherish each moment with them. Our family has discovered twice in the past year that in the snap of a finger, those cherished moments may be all we have left to remember.

BB

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement