UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 70660  
Subject: OT: Bull-Bear Rant Date: 7/20/2002 6:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 64
Mish:

I have learned to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous bears on other forums. I used to get mad at them but now I no longer fall for their game.

Let me start by stating that I'm a skeptic. Skeptic in the sense that I don't believe that there is a single soul on any of the boards whose main interest is my well being besides myself. I don't believe in do gooders. So, if you are not here to make me rich, what are you here for? To get rich yourself.

Although I have not seen your fangs and claws in person, circumstantial evidence indicates that you are a bear.

Bears believe that the market will tank and they take short positions. If they are not all that sure of themselves, they are in cash and wish the market down to find suitable entry points. You would love nothing better than to see a total market wipeout. And you do all you can to help the market keep on going down. Down is pure profit for bears. You say that The Gorilla Game is worthless. You say that gorillas are not gorillas. You applaud the expensing of stock options as a way to reduce earnings to make the stocks go down. You try to frighten people into selling their positions to help the market go down. You try to shame people for not following the current conventional wisdom.

Why are you here at the NPI board? Because this is one of the last refuges of the sane and you would like to see this place become an insane asylum. I'm sure you won't succeed. I don't visit many boards because most are a waste of time and I value my time. The only board I would compare the NPI board to is the Gilder board in its hay day when many bright people visited there. But even the Gilder board at its best was no match for the NPI board in its current state. There are just too many bright people here for you to play your bear tricks on.

Why am I not a bear? For starters because I'm an eternal optimist and history has proven that bulls make more money in the long run than bears. Let's compare bulls and bears in the real world. Bears produce nothing of value but they love to raid garbage cans. Bulls, on the other hand, even with their foibles like mad cow disease and hoof in the mouth disease, are highly appreciated by people. We love bulls so much that we breed them by the thousands and then we use them for food and shelter. I have yet to hear of the first bear ranch. The most we do with bears is exhibit them in the circus.

No, I'm not asking you to leave or even to change your tune. I'm telling you that you are wasting your time here.

Denny Schlesinger
Caracas - Venezuela
denny@softwaretimes.com
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement