Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CWRailroad Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 401  
Subject: OT but feel very compelled to do this Date: 9/14/2001 12:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It goes to say that the events of the past week will be in my mind equal to none. The loss of life, the loss of innocence, the loss of the fabric of freedom that make this country so great has been hurt but will endure.

I posting here what I have posted on several other boards. I cannot explain the rational for this but am very compelled to try and make sure that the sacrifice of these people, these most innocent people does not go away and does not get forgotten in the great turmoil tha even now boils around this. I only ask for your consideraton on this matter and hope that you too will join me as I have already done and contact you respresentatives and make sure that these heroes are not forgotten. My apologies on this but I must do this

It is very apparent from what is coming out of the investigation that United Airlines flight 93 that crashed in West Penn. was to be the 4th living flying bomb to be used against a unknown target in Washington DC. It is also coming very apparent that some, if not many of the passenger moved to stop what was going to happen at the ultimate risk to themselves and eventually ultimate price that everyone aboard that plane paid.
In this country we celebrate heroes, I for one cannot find a greater sense of what heroism is then in what was attempted in that plane. It is most very obvious to anyone with a even one living brain cell that the crash of that plane short of Washington DC and in a farm field where only those who died were those aboard that plane must have been a delibrate an act as the planes that smashed three of this country's great landmark and institutions. But was done because in this single case the hijackers lost and the American Heroes won. But in doing so a few died as compared to the hundreds if not thousand that were so obviously saved. In this context these people are heroes and should be so recognized.
In this country, congress has the power to show it's appreciation and gratitude through special award and honors. For civilians the highest honor is called the Medal of Freedom, in the Military it is called the Medal of Honor. I am writing my President, my congressional leaders and any other interested parties that all except the hijacking scum aboard this plane be honored in the following way. All civilians aboard this aircraft be recognized with a Medal of Freedom to be given to the next of kin, and all military personal aboard this flight to be given the Medal of Honor. Because of this selfless act the sky line of Washington DC still have the monuments and beauty that is this country. I know that to these family's that lost loved one on this flight these honors will seem small compensation to the loss, but it will grant them to know that this country has recognized that their lost love ones for a split second loved their country and fellow human beings more then themself and acted upon that love with the ultimate of sacrifice in the truest of American tradition and honor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright 1996-2001, The Motley Fool. All rights reserved. This material is for personal use only. Republication and redissemination, including posting to news groups, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool is a registered trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us

Thank you for your consideration and understanding

Charles W Randolph
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement