Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Charles Robinson, a.k.a. crobinso, has passed away.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564&post=true

ßillƒ
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I thought about Charles on Saturday. I hadn't seen him post in a while.

I'd love to send a card-do you have an address you could email me?

Charles had a lovely sense of humor, and he will be missed. He had been a fave of mine for many years.

Requiescat in Pace
No. of Recommendations: 3
That's sad. In one of his last posts, he says 53 isn't that old to another poster and mentioned he was turning 52 soon. Just last week, a former coworker died of a heart attack at age 42. It is a reminder to me that I should watch my health and enjoy the journey along the way instead of saving every single penny for retirement.

IF
Hey Dean,

I'd love to send a card-do you have an address you could email me?

I was so floored when I spoke to Karen that I forgot to ask for a snail-mail addy and the name of the funeral home.

I will try to get that info today and pass it along, with her permission. However, if she doesn't want me sharing their address with everyone, I will be more than happy to forward any mail sent to me if she approves of that method instead.

I'll let you know later what the plan is...Sorry I didn't think of this earlier.

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 1
RE: Bill: "I forgot to ask for a snail-mail addy and the name of the funeral home."

Hopefully the funeral home will have an on-line Rememberence Book?
Such times are difficult. Thank you very much for letting us know about his passing.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks for keeping us all informed. I have shared the news over on the baseball board, and AJ has posted on HURL.

Charles was such a good guy.

Dean
Crap.

He was always, always friendly and cordial, no matter what board he was running around on...

I usually liked to hear about his car, recently his newer Grand Marquis, and his older, high-mileage GM's as well.

:-(

Duck
Hey Dean,

I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

I just spoke with Karen again and I now have her address, but I am going to collect mail here and forward them to her. I'd feel uncomfortable sharing her address with Fools I don't know, so I think this would be a better solution and she agreed.

I'll e-mail you in a min and give you my address. You can share it with whomever, just don't post it on the boards.

The funeral home info is:

Henry S. Washington & Sons Co., Inc.
4925 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave Ne
Washington DC 20019
(202) 398-6700

www.usafuneralhomesonline.com/funeralhomesbystate/washingtondcfuneralhomes/washingtondcfuneraldirectors.html

I just called them to ask if they have a web site, the lady said yes, but she doesn't know the URL. I'll have to call back again tomorrow to get that info.

I have shared the news over on the baseball board, and AJ has posted on HURL.

Thank you both!

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 0
Very sad...
I had also noticed he hadn't posted lately. I am very sorry to hear this. I've always enjoyed his posts.

--Peter
FYI - a thread has been started on Christian Fools, another place frequented by Charles.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248738&sort=whole

--Peter
Hey Peter,

FYI - a thread has been started on Christian Fools, another place frequented by Charles.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248738&sort=whole

Thank you! I was e-mailed that link, but I do appreciate you telling me about it!

ßillƒ
Hey Dean,

I have shared the news over on the baseball board, and AJ has posted on HURL.

Please forgive me for asking instead of searching myself, but I have so many e-mails coming in right now...

Would you please e-mail me those links? I'd really appreciate it if you would.

TYIA!!

ßillƒ

God looks after the good guys.

I will miss him.

Pete
Hey SRHCB,

Hopefully the funeral home will have an on-line Rememberence Book?

No, they don't have a web site. However, the Washington Post does have a Remembrance Book with each obituary, but in order to access and use it, you'll have to sign-up for an account...Can't even read the obits without an account.

ßillƒ
Charles' obituary has been posted in today's Washington Post Online. You'll need a free account in order to see both the obituary and sign the guest book.

www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86753695

However, I did add the info on his BBQ Fools page...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

...and have been collecting Fool's posts for Karen to see.

ßillƒ
Thanks Bill
Thanks Bill

You're welcome Dean!

I see that posts to the guest book take quite some time before they're added, so if any of y'all've signed the book and are wondering where your post is, give it at least 24 hours.

ßillƒ
Advertisement