UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886579  
Subject: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 3:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I help buy the coffee supplies for the office coffee brew pot. Right now the price is a very reasonable $0.15 per cup. Slowly, our excess funds have been decreasing. At some point in the next few months, we need to raise the price or reduce waste and theft. Coffee drinkers are a cranky bunch. If you run out of supplies, they hound you until you restock. They also gripe at any price increase. They'll act like 20 cents of cup will force them to sell their home. I'm not sure why I even bother. {I'm sure many of you will quote that last sentence.} I also don't want to be the coffee police, making sure people pay for their coffee. So since it is the start of a new year, I want to price the typical cup of coffee.

I've look up some stats using Google. I have not searched extensively so I may be taking a guess on quantities of coffee, sugar and creamer. I did find one site that said the typical coffee serving is 9 oz. It also said that 35% of coffee drinkers drink it black and 65% add sugar and/or creamer. Here is what I do know right at this moment.

We buy 3 lb Folgers containers at Sam's Club. On the outside, it says 380 6 oz servings.
A 5 lb bag of sugar contains 180 tbsp of sugar.
Creamer serving size on nutritional label is either 1 tsp or 4 tsp based on brand.

Here are my assumptions right now for pricing a cup of coffee.

12 oz cup size
2 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of creamer

I'm not sure of the sugar and creamer quantity. I figure 2 tsp is a rough estimate for people who use more and people who drink it black. I'm not quite sure yet what to assume is the loss to making coffee stronger than the recommended strength and pots tossed at the end of the work day. Based on the assumptions I make, I'll price out the cost of a cup of coffee. Since we're all college educated here, the math should not be over their heads. Depending on the calculations, I'll either raise the price or try to shame some into actually paying for their coffee.

Plans include changing from an old can for collecting money to a typical sized coffee mug. On the side will be the price for that size. Then it'll say add more (without specifying) for larger cups. Also there will be a reminder that if you use sugar on breakfast or lunch stuff you bring from home, toss in some change to cover the cost.

We should all be adults here when it comes to a community coffee pot. Unfortunately, some people are not adults. Also it is below some people to even make a new pot when they use the last of the previous pot.

PSU
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ToddTruby Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870081 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 3:47 PM
Recommendations: 4
I suggest a coffee club rather than per cup. Dues can be paid monthly by cash. A list of members prominently posted.

You can also solicit supplies on a rotating basis rather than monthly dues or per cup charges.

I would rather pay $5 per month than bother with $.15 or $.20 cents each time I wanted a cup.

21.6 workdays and at $5/month gives each member approx 1.5 cups per day at $.15

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870083 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 3:57 PM
Consider defining what is "a cup."

We have one jackhole here who has a tanker mug that holds 1/2 pot of coffee and he fills it at least 3 times a day and never makes any coffee. I've started calling him out on it when I see him leave 1 normal cup in the pot.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870084 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 3:58 PM
Todd took the words out of my mouth. Have people chip in a monthly fee. I'd pay a few bucks for coffee on hand.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870085 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 4:00 PM
I suggest a coffee club rather than per cup. Dues can be paid monthly by cash. A list of members prominently posted.

You can also solicit supplies on a rotating basis rather than monthly dues or per cup charges.

I would rather pay $5 per month than bother with $.15 or $.20 cents each time I wanted a cup.

21.6 workdays and at $5/month gives each member approx 1.5 cups per day at $.15

Nobody wanted a coffee club. The people drinking one cup felt they were being overcharged to make up for the people drinking more than 2 cups a day. We have some people who drive 6 to 8 cups per day. Everyone wants it on a per cup basis. Some people toss in a weekly or monthly amount. Personally I toss in $1.50 every Monday into the money cup for a week of coffee. It's one reason why I'm not going to play coffee cup. I'm not going to ask everyone if they paid for that cup of coffee they just got. I don't know who paid a weekly or monthly amount and who just didn't pay at all.

We also have two other pots on the floor. One supplies Starbucks for people who want higher quality. The other pot is a coffee club style group. Most of the drinkers visit the breakroom pot (one I'm running) because of low cost. Other than people not paying for their coffee, I'm guessing that a lot of sugar is being used for things other than coffee since 10 lb bags are used up quickly. We go through about one 10 lb bag per week.

PSU

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870086 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 4:03 PM
Consider defining what is "a cup."

We have one jackhole here who has a tanker mug that holds 1/2 pot of coffee and he fills it at least 3 times a day and never makes any coffee. I've started calling him out on it when I see him leave 1 normal cup in the pot.

That is what I going to do by changing the money cup from a can to an actual coffee cup. On the side will be the price of that size of cup of coffee. I do leave out some hope that people can figure out how much money to add for their sized container. I really don't want to be a coffee shop where I have to list cup sizes and prices.

PSU

Author: ToddTruby Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870088 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 5:06 PM
You can still make a club work like a pay per play.

Just have each person by a share based on how many cups they plan to drink per day.

$3/per cup/month. Make rules like 'use it or lose it' no carryovers. Post a list of members with how many shares they 'own'

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870090 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 5:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'm not a coffee drinker - but I see why many companies supply free coffee to employees - it's about one of the only legal stimulants - which gives drinkers a buzz to possibly get more work done.

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870091 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 5:22 PM
Recommendations: 4
Life is short.

Bring a thermos.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870096 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 8:59 PM
You can still make a club work like a pay per play.

Just have each person by a share based on how many cups they plan to drink per day.

$3/per cup/month. Make rules like 'use it or lose it' no carryovers. Post a list of members with how many shares they 'own'

No, I can't make a coffee club work. I don't own the coffee maker. My employer does. It is up to the users to set it up as they would like. It was the users that want to pay per cup. They don't want any use it or lose it rules. I work with a bunch of cheapskates. The reason why I am running it now is that I have a Sam's Club membership and was an assistant to the person who ran it. That person died from cancer two months ago.

PSU

Author: toberead Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870100 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 9:27 PM
Recommendations: 2
Here are my assumptions right now for pricing a cup of coffee

I think you're underpricing. You're not going to get an exact number of cups out of each pot. Sometimes they'll be a little left over that will get cold or be thrown out at the end of the day. Everyone's mug is slightly different in size. I would raise the price to $.25 so you have enough to cover it all. (Not to mention that a quarter is convenient.)

I wonder if people would use less sugar if it was in packets instead of a bag? Just a guess. I'm not a coffee drinker so I'm only guessing.

I would offer the option of a monthly fee. You said your coworkers didn't want to do a coffee club, because some people only drank small amounts. But if you offered the option, five dollars a month or $.25 a cup, then I bet you would get a lot of monthly people. Just make sure you price the monthly fee high enough. But having the option of a monthly fee would make it easier for you and it might get more people to pay the full cost.

Karen

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870101 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 9:53 PM
I think you're underpricing. You're not going to get an exact number of cups out of each pot. Sometimes they'll be a little left over that will get cold or be thrown out at the end of the day. Everyone's mug is slightly different in size. I would raise the price to $.25 so you have enough to cover it all. (Not to mention that a quarter is convenient.)

I mentioned that I'll guess on waste. What I'm trying to accomplish is the cost of ingredients to what is the current price. If I calculate a price of 7 cents per cup before accounting for waste and various cup sizes, that will tell me that people are not paying for coffee since I think waste and larger sizes can't account for over a 50% loss. If the numbers are closer, it just tells me that the price needs to be raised due to cost of ingredients. I just hate raising the price to make the honest drinkers pay for the ones that don't pay. For example, if there was no waste and every cup was 12 oz, a canister of coffee should bring in $27 while the coffee cost $9.88 plus tax. Does the $17 difference mostly sugar and creamer and waste or is there something else going on?

PSU
still collecting data

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870104 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 9:56 PM
still collecting data

On that note, you might want to say that the price you come up with is temporary for, say, three months so you can see if it's too high, too low or just right.

Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870105 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/3/2013 10:08 PM
The problem with the whole thing is that you have those problem people: "I only drink 1 cup a day, why should I pay as much as Henry who drinks 2 gallons?" or "I drink 2 gallons, but I don't take cream and sugar, so I actually cost less that Adele who uses 9 sugar packets in every cup."

I don't envy your job.

I've worked places that did it different ways; thankfully my employer currently provides a coffee service.

One place I worked, all coffee drinkers were expected to bring in an X-size can of Folgers or whatever. We just kept it in stock in the cabinet, and when we started to get low, the call was put out to the coffee group again. People were on their own for cream and sugar.

Another place I worked, the price was set at a certain amount, and everyone paid the same, regardless of the amount they drank. The catch, however, was that at the end of year, any money that was left in the coffee account was re-distributed to the members. That provided some incentive for people not to take the sugar home, etc. In theory.

Maybe the best way to do it is invite their help with the management. To say, "Our actual cost of coffee, etc. last year was X. Coffee prices have gone up a little, and I'm estimating coffee prices at Y. So our budget for the year is Z. I don't care how we split it up, I just need Z amount by next Tuesday. There's actually some psychological theory out there--can't recall what it's called right now--that most people will actually ultimately be willing to commmit to paying MORE than their fair share if they DON'T know what other people are contributing. Maybe it was in one of the Freakonomics books...

Author: Jennlee222 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870116 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 7:57 AM
Our work charges $1/day for as much coffee as you want to drink. I think for the person drinking only 1-2 cups per day this is too much. And the person who drinks a dozen gets a deal.

I like a per cup basis for fairness, if the employer won't provide coffee for free (ours did for many years, but recently started charging).

You might try not supplying the sugar/creamer. People can do their own there since that stuff keeps well (assuming not a dairy creamer). Then you just have to worry about the coffee part.

Author: REtim Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870117 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 8:40 AM
fascinating thread...a microcosm of economics

a commodity most everyone wants but doesn't want to pay for everyone else

that majority should petition 'vote' the business 'gov't' to provide it

so the business should deduct the total costs, including bells and whistles (creamer, cups, coffeemaker...), from the upper management's paychecks (the top 2%, after all they need to pay their fair shair)

problem solved, free unlimited coffee for everyone!

gotta be a problem in there somewhere

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870118 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 9:39 AM
I've seen several coffee clubs operate over the years, and the best one would overcharge by 5-10% of what was estimated. Most of the time there wasn't much overage, since some people pay late, use more than expected, etc...but a few times a year there was enough extra money in the fund to buy donuts or pizza for everyone in the program.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870119 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 9:51 AM
Recommendations: 8
Also, at my last job I had a pot on my own desk. I purchased it and brought it from home. The nearest coffee club pot was just across the hall, but I had to walk to the front of the building through the lobby and through some back offices to get to it, because the closest door was always locked. This was too far, and I didn't like walking through the lobby with coffee. It looked unprofessional.

So I brought my own, and since I like a higher quality coffee than the canned stuff, I brought that too. It didn't take long for the others in my office to want some. At first I told them they could have an occasional cup, since none of them were heavy coffee drinkers. Later, they were hooked and began to drink more. One chick would use upwards of 5 packs of sweetener in one cup, and would drink 4-5 cups a day. I had been supplying the coffee, cream, and sweetener. When it was time for a refill, I told the 2 people who were sharing my coffee that I would continue to bring in the expensive coffee, but one of them would be responsible for cream and the other for sweetener.

It went well the first 2 or 3 refills, then they started to get lazy/cheap. We would run out of something for several days at a time, then when it would show up, it would be some bargain knockoff brand. I politely (at first) mentioned that I was buying premium coffee and expected premium fixings to go with it. The situation was corrected for a while.

Then the sweetener lady started to flake. She started by replenishing the supply with pilfered packets from the cafeteria, and then stopped bringing it altogether. She would go to the cafeteria and only bring back packets for herself. So I locked the coffee cabinet. When she asked why, I told her we were out of sweetener and needed a box. She commented "we use too much of that and it needs to be regulated." I told her I was spending $16 a week on the coffee, and there was no way in hell we were using more cream or sweetener than that. She suggested we use cheaper coffee.

And that is how that system died. My pot. My coffee. My cream. My sweetener. No more sharing, except for guests, who were always allowed a cup for free.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870120 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 10:03 AM
Per building rules, we cannot have pots in our offices.

Interesting story. It shows again that no matter how nice you are or how cheap you try to keep the system, there will always be someone who abuses the system. If it was my coffee pot and not the employers, I'd have a rule that anyone who doesn't make a new pot after taking the last cup would be banned from using it for one month. They can always walk across the street and pay $3 for a cup.

PSU

Author: YewGuise Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870125 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 11:23 AM
It shows again that no matter how nice you are or how cheap you try to keep the system, there will always be someone who abuses the system.

In my office, employer paid for coffee, filters, cream, sugar. Since the boss was always the first one in, he made the first post. There was still the problem with others not making additional pots.

If he'd switched to the Keurig system, there'd be a problem with people not refilling the water. If he'd switched to an automatically refilling Keurig system, there'd still be a problem with people leaving their dirty cups and spoons in the sink, as well as the detritus from microwaving their lunches. Also, some people tended to put things in the refrigerator and then forget about them.

If it were my decision, I'd hire a service to install and maintain the coffee equipment and supplies, and another service to empty and clean both sink and refrigerator weekly (throwing everything out - you want to keep that Tupperware? fine, take it by 3 pm Friday).

Since it wasn't my decision, I stopped by the 7-11 next door for my coffee, and never went into the office kitchen. Avoided the coffee wars altogether, and also found it easier to resist the donuts that occasionally appeared there.

Of course it was an expense, but after seeing one too many 1/2-donuts, I decided my mental health was worth it.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870141 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 1:53 PM
This thread makes me thankful I don't drink coffee.

Author: Retrograde Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870146 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 2:40 PM
Also, at my last job I had a pot on my own desk. I purchased it and brought it from home.

At a couple of my jobs, the company banned this practice and in return they provided free coffee for all. They felt it was worth it since security would spend hours each night (literally) sniffing out private pots in various offices & labs. One place started providing free coffee after a lab pot overheated to the point of smoking up the area.

I'm not a coffee drinker but it seems this is a reasonable compromise - except for the folks who like high end coffee...

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870151 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 4:06 PM
this is a reasonable compromise - except for the folks who like high end coffee...

My current employer provides the coffee, and it is decent. I will still occasionally brew up a pot of the high end stuff and fill my thermos with it and take about 80% of it back to my desk with me. I think I will soon be ending that altogether too though. We've recently started making espresso at home, and high end drip coffee no longer tastes as good as it used to in comparison.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870154 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 4:49 PM
My current employer provides the coffee, and it is decent. I will still occasionally brew up a pot of the high end stuff and fill my thermos with it and take about 80% of it back to my desk with me. I think I will soon be ending that altogether too though. We've recently started making espresso at home, and high end drip coffee no longer tastes as good as it used to in comparison.

We share a Keurig with the folks down the hall. We split the price of water with them and my boss buys the basic "donut shop" style coffee. If anyone wants anything higher end, they are welcome to provide their own. I love vanilla lattes, so I buy a box of K-cups and keep them under my desk.

We also have a little container with assorted coffees and teas for guests.

LWW

Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870158 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/4/2013 8:14 PM
Interesting story. It shows again that no matter how nice you are or how cheap you try to keep the system, there will always be someone who abuses the system.

Sort of the coffee version of the "tragedy of the commons."

Author: PaintItBlue Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870164 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/5/2013 12:13 AM
We have another variation of the "coffee club". One of the guys is in charge of running it. They are charging 25 cents a cup, which seems to work.

They are using a coffee service which provides the coffee maker, pots, coffee filters and boxes of coffee packets that make one pot of coffee. There is sugar and creamer, but the big containers are not out, just smaller dispensers.

There's a sheet on the break room wall with the days of the week. Everyone in the group has their name on the list. Each time they take a cup of coffee, they make a tick mark next to their name. If they take the last cup of coffee in the pot, they are supposed to make another pot unless it's too late in the day.

After payday, the guy in charge goes around and collects the money from everyone.

It works pretty well, mostly. There used to be a cup that people put quarters in, but some people worried that the money would get stolen, which led to the current system. For a while, some people were using up the sugar, putting it on cereal. One of the members is flaky about paying up. And sometimes there is wasted coffee, unused coffee in the pot at the end of the day. At another job I had, there was a problem of people leaving the pot on the burner with only a small amount of coffee in it & the coffee would boil down and get sludgy but people in this group tend not to do that.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870169 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/5/2013 9:15 AM
After payday, the guy in charge goes around and collects the money from everyone.

If I had to go around and collect money, I'd not volunteer anymore. The coffee maker serves way to many people.

It works pretty well, mostly. There used to be a cup that people put quarters in, but some people worried that the money would get stolen, which led to the current system. For a while, some people were using up the sugar, putting it on cereal. One of the members is flaky about paying up. And sometimes there is wasted coffee, unused coffee in the pot at the end of the day. At another job I had, there was a problem of people leaving the pot on the burner with only a small amount of coffee in it & the coffee would boil down and get sludgy but people in this group tend not to do that.

Fortunately, burnt coffee is not a problem. I've been saying pot for shorthand but we have a Bunn coffee maker that is directly connected to a water line and uses carafes, not pots to hold the coffee. The money is collected every afternoon but thief could be a problem since the money cup sits in the open.

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870170 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/5/2013 10:43 AM
It sounds like the volunteer position should have a time limit and get rotated - is that a possibility ?

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870171 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/5/2013 11:14 AM
It sounds like the volunteer position should have a time limit and get rotated - is that a possibility ?

We've moved to a new building a little more than a years ago. Since it was consolidating several groups into one location, an email asking for new volunteers was put out and a signup sheet next to the coffee brewers. Nobody stepped forward. I think the only way to get a new volunteer is to quit and see how long the caffeine addicted can hold out without coffee.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870181 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/5/2013 10:11 PM
I brew my own at home and bring in a thermos. I don't have to deal with any clubs or paying any money to anyone.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870255 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/8/2013 2:13 PM
,i>Here are my assumptions right now for pricing a cup of coffee.

12 oz cup size
2 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of creamer

I think you're way under estimating how much sugar and creamer people will put in their coffee.

I see folks in our breakroom just turn the sugar and creamer containers over and pour straight into the cups (we have sugar and creamer in canisters). They end up with something that's more like a coffee flavored syrup than an actual cup of coffee.

LWW

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870274 of 886579
Subject: Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date: 1/8/2013 5:43 PM
I think you're way under estimating how much sugar and creamer people will put in their coffee.

I don't think so since the estimate includes people who drink it black. The assumption is an estimate of the average of all coffee drinkers which includes black, sugar only, creamer only and both sugar and creamer - of which the sugar and/or or creamer users may be moderate or heavy users of them.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement