UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 463314  
Subject: OT? Fashion at the Grammys Date: 2/11/2013 2:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Fashion is big business which may make this on-topic for METAR.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/a-fashionable-i...

New York Times, February 10, 2013
A Fashionable, if Safe, Red Carpet at the Grammy Awards
By SIMONE S. OLIVER
Last week, CBS issued a dress code for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, threatening the often adventurous and revealing looks that have historically peppered the red carpet. Showing too much flesh was apparently among the list of no-nos. A dress code for the Grammys? Were things getting that out of hand? Unlike the Golden Globes and the Oscars, the Grammys red carpet has always been a place where an alternative expression of glamor was welcomed, even for men....

By "adventurous" they mean "showing anatomy that would get them arrested in public." Sorry, not OK for family TV this year.

Musicians seem to be more avant-garde than actresses, so what fashions did they parade on the red carpet?

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/arts/music/20130...

Most of them were pretty ordinary for haute couture.

Some were fashion-forward and elegant (Kelly Rowland, p. 4, Esperanza Spalding, p. 6, Elle Varner, p. 7, Jenna Jameson, p. 10).

Several of the ladies seemed to be saying, "I paid the surgeon plenty for these t!t$ so I want to show them off." I won't list them -- this is homework for the guys ;-).

Some were stunningly tasteless, such as Kate Pierson (p. 3), Lila Downs (p. 6) and Kimbra (p. 10).

Hopefully, the Academy Awards will have a better selection.

Wendy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement