Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFFuz Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8764  
Subject: OT - Foolish Farewell Date: 4/30/2001 10:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 90

Hey Gorilla Gamers,

This board has become my favorite board in all of Fooldom -- and the Internet -- for its consistent quality of information and meaningful discussion. I have learned a lot while reading through the messages and interacting with the people who post their thoughts in this space.

So, this is as good of a place as any for me to say thanks and let everyone know that I will be leaving The Motley Fool on May 2 to pursue other career opportunities. I am very excited about the future and the opportunities available to me. However, I certainly owe The Motley Fool a debt of gratitude for giving me an opportunity to work here over the past year and a half.

I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to the many great people I have worked with here who helped shape my time at The Motley Fool into such a wonderful experience.

First, thanks to Tom, David, and Erik for starting such a great company! It has changed the lives of many people. In just a few years, the concept of Foolishness has touched millions of people in a good way.

I also wanted to thank some of the people I worked with in the Editorial department of The Motley Fool. I wanted to acknowledge Mike Trigg (TMF Tonto) and Chris Rugaber (TMF Chris) who sit next to me at TMF. We have had many lively discussions and debates. It's been a lot of fun residing in this part of Fool HQ. Also, Todd Lebor (TMF TeeTime) and Tom Jacobs (TMF Tom9) are the "peanut gallery" and butt in on occasion. I will surely miss the camaraderie too!

Plus, I will no longer be around to keep Mike out of trouble. Of course, he got into plenty of trouble while I was here, so I guess I didn't do a good job in the first place. : )

It's been great to get to know these guys in a social atmosphere as well. They are wonderful people, and I will miss the daily interaction I had with them.

Also, I would like to recognize Jeff Fischer (TMF Jeff) who is a role model to a lot of people here. He's a great writer and an all around great guy. It was awesome to get to work with and get to know him.

It's also been a great pleasure to get to know Peter Psaras (TMF Mycroft). Before I came here, I certainly thought he was wacky. He is wacky! But, he is one of the nicest and most generous people you could ever meet. It's been great to develop a friendship with him. Too bad more people don't get the opportunity to meet someone with such a great heart.

Thanks to Bill Barker (TMF Max) as well -- mostly for the beer on Friday's. But, he also has a unique sense of style and a hair-do that is a throwback to another decade. Although, I am not sure what decade that is! : )

He has some of the best stuff written on this site, and I always enjoyed reading it (it's better for its entertainment value than for stock picking prowess). I am sure he will miss me too, and all of my rants. I think it was the rants combined with the black turtleneck sweater and faded blue jeans that landed me the nickname "Steve Jobs."

Brian Lund (TMF Tardior) has also written some great stuff on the site, and he is fun to socialize with as well. I will miss his "evil stare" too.

I would like to thank my boss Brian Bauer (TMF Hoops). To the best of my knowledge, Brian has hired everyone here in Editorial. He has done at outstanding job. It's pretty tough to have such an exceptional group of people, but Brian managed to put together such a team. He has also worked behind the scenes and contributed a lot to The Motley Fool. So, I thank him for giving me the opportunity to work here.

Everyone here has been helpful in some way including Zeke Ashton, Matt Richey, Bill Mann, David Nachison, Rich McCaffery, Paul Commins, Jerry Thomas, Rex Moore, Mona Sharma (special thanks to Mona for always finding my errors), Selena, Dayana Yochim, Roger Blain, and the editors, Robyn, Bob, Josie, and Robert.

Finally, I just hope that over the course of a year and a half that I was at least able to help just one person. That would make it all that much more worthwhile.

Best,

John Del Vecchio (TMF Fuz)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement