Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tommurphy9 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 214625  
Subject: OT: Global food prices to soar Date: 10/5/2012 2:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I found this article interesting. According to these researchers, drought, food prices and riots are closely correlated.

Global Food Prices Set To Soar--Again

The last food price bubble triggered riots around the world. Now prices are set to rise again, say complexity theorists

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/429514/global-food-pric...

Tom
Print the post Back To Top
Author: knighttof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194689 of 214625
Subject: Re: OT: Global food prices to soar Date: 10/5/2012 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I seriously think Bernanke and co are cheering right now - with high food prices, CPI will remain low and inflation will get high just as they wanted. And they can point to QE as successfully stimulating the economy as nominal prices and eventually, nominal stock returns rise.

(I do understand that that's a trivial point (a "first world problem") when confronted with widespread hunger due to droughts.)

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement