UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sarkie Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886558  
Subject: ot-help me do some "living" Date: 3/14/2002 10:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hello All,

It seems that as each day goes by I am becoming more and more unhappy with my life. I think that part of it is the fact that all of my friends have either gotten married or are in serious relationships and of course I am the odd person out. I don't really mind that I am and enjoy being around these friends but I think that some of these friends rather be with another couple. I have found out about times when the couples have gotten together and I wasn't invited. I admit I was hurt, especially since these are people I have been friends with for years and we were all single together at one point.

I also feel like I'm kinda in a rut in my life. I haven't “grown” a lot in the past years like I thought I would. It's just been work and hanging out with friends. I've even had the same hairstyle for the past oh, all my life I guess, LOL.

Anyway, I'd like to try to totally revamp myself, but don't really know where to start. One problem I have is that I can be painfully shy when confronted with a new situation, which is one thing that I feel like is holding me back. The other is sometime I just don't know how to get started.

Here's a list of some of the things that I would like to do.

Go back to school and take fun classes
Take some cooking classes
Exercise a little
Find a good make-up for me
Find a great wash n wear hairstyle
redecorate my bedroom
Date more
Get to know my neighbors
Find friends that have like interests
Learn better conversation skills (be less shy)
Actually open a bank statement and balance my checkbook
Write more letters and cards to friends and family

Okay, after all that please don't think I'm a complete loser. I do have some very good friends but they are developing lives of their own. I travel a lot and go to the theatre a good bit. But my life just isn't where I would like it to be.

Has anyone else ever felt this way or done anything like this?

Sarkie

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement