UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 46814  
Subject: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/12/2004 1:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From another MSN article....
Even the worst Validea portfolio produced results most investors would be happy with. Supposedly designed to imitate investment strategies used by the Motley Fool investment Web site, this portfolio went up almost twice as much as the S&P 500 since last summer.

Hmmm.
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P80508.asp

Buffy (who wonders if that was a backhanded slam...)

ps...another slang word for ya...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stevpete Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30617 of 46814
Subject: Re: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/12/2004 5:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
From Buffy's link...

At its worst, Validea fails badly. For example, none of the picks in the Motley Fool portfolio has ever been recommended by any of its newsletters in the past two years, says one source familiar with Motley Fool buy lists. And the Motley Fool strategy delineated by Validea doesn't look like anything its newsletters use.

interesting reading, though. Wonder when Validea will initiate a "BMW Method" screening portfolio.

sp

Author: hildy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30618 of 46814
Subject: Re: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/12/2004 5:51 PM
Recommendations: 2

Wonder when Validea will initiate a "BMW Method" screening portfolio?

Hi sp;

Yes, it was interesting, and as I read it I was thinking the same thing you asked... then I concluded; "I hope this guy doesn't get wind of the BMW Method, it would just screw it up for the rest of us."

He's (probably) part of the bloody Big Dogz (Wall Street crooks, greedy money grubbers, etc.) who are preying on and feeding off of the individual investors.

I suppose my opinion doesn't count for much, but thats cool... I prefer keeping a low profile when it comes to Mr. Market and his BS machine.

~hildy

Author: kitkatklub Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30622 of 46814
Subject: Re: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/12/2004 7:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
The portfolios in the article don't seem to be doing too well. Could the models not withstand the bursting of the bubble?

>^..^<

Author: stevpete Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30623 of 46814
Subject: Re: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/12/2004 7:27 PM
Recommendations: 1

>^..^< said:

The portfolios in the article don't seem to be doing too well. Could the models not withstand the bursting of the bubble?

I was wondering the same thing! They quoted all sorts of fabulous results, but actually showed only two portfolios - that were doing terrible. But I do not think it was bubble related, really - most of the buy date, as far as I remember were within the last year.

sp

Author: WayneOwl Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30685 of 46814
Subject: Re: OT: HEY! What? Date: 5/15/2004 10:43 AM
Howdy:

Did I read somewhere that: Past performance may not be indicative of future results>?

Wayne

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement