UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1498  
Subject: OT Seattle Street Justice Date: 10/22/2004 1:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Seattle street justice---

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002069860_metergreeter22m.html

<<While Sobremonte was working as a Seattle "meter greeter" — showing people how to use the city's new parking pay stations — a man drove up. Ignoring her greeting, he approached a woman who had just finished taking money out of an ATM at 230 Broadway Ave E.

"I thought the man knew the woman, and [then] I realized it was a robbery," said Sobremonte, who moved here two years ago from the Philippines. "They were struggling [and] the woman was trying to escape."

Sobremonte, 46, of West Seattle, screamed for help and tried to wrestle the purse away from the robber. Another woman ran up and started struggling with the purse snatcher. The man grabbed money that fell out of the purse and ran; he was chased by two women, said Sobremonte.

Sobremonte stayed behind to help the victim and dialed 911. When police arrived at 9:10 a.m., about five minutes after the robbery, a crowd of people had trapped the suspect underneath a car near 10th Avenue East and John Street, said police spokesman Sean Whitcomb.

The man was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of robbery.

>>

Print the post Back To Top
Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 752 of 1498
Subject: Re: OT Seattle Street Justice Date: 10/22/2004 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Um, that's very nice, but what does it have to do with this board?

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 753 of 1498
Subject: Re: OT Seattle Street Justice Date: 10/22/2004 5:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
Oh. NOW I know why that post didn't appear on the Retire Early Home Page.

It's off topic over there too, but...

No one has any bright ideas on how to retire well for less?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: jmcjls Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 754 of 1498
Subject: Re: OT Seattle Street Justice Date: 10/22/2004 11:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
No one has any bright ideas on how to retire well for less?

Don't get robbed at an ATM?

jmc

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement