UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: OrmontUS Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 455467  
Subject: OT: Show review Date: 4/21/2013 12:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
So we got bored and saw a Broadway play tonight. The name was "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" and it starred Sigourney Weaver (of Aliens), David Hyde Pierce (of Fraiser) and Kristine Nielsen (loads of Broadway and Off Broadway) - as well as Billy Magnussen, Shalita Grant and Genevieve Angelson. While the play is funny, the acting was fabulous and accentuated it (my personal kudos to Kristine Nielsen). While it's nearly impossible to get tickets to "The Book of Mormon" (my current favorite) for months - at least for less than the cost of a gold coin, this one should entertain almost anyone.

The other observation was that the area around Times Square and the theater district was as packed with people as San Marco Square was in Venice last summer (more density than a rush hour subway car) - so people are spending bucks again on touristic stuff.

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 421151 of 455467
Subject: Re: OT: Show review Date: 4/21/2013 9:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So we got bored and saw a Broadway play tonight. The name was "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike"

Any relationship to "Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice"?

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 421193 of 455467
Subject: Re: OT: Show review Date: 4/22/2013 1:21 PM
http://www.theassembledpartiesbroadway.com/?gclid=CNqc9LDk3r...

Jeff,

If you get to this show let me know what you think. Jessica Hecht is an old old family friend.

Dave

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 421196 of 455467
Subject: Re: OT: Show review Date: 4/22/2013 1:30 PM
warrl,

were you once a commie/liberal?

That movie is just over the top even for me.

Dave

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement