UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: donlf52 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734586  
Subject: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 11:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/020420/taxes_bermuda_1.html

Does any one else find it amusing that the U.S. government is whining about other country's taxes? It seems to be ok to ship our jobs overseas in the name of global competition but when it comes to their tax base they don't seem to want to compete with the lowest common denominator.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dgthepiper Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65278 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
The bills aim to levy U.S. taxes on all income, including foreign revenues and sales, earned by corporations that reincorporate outside of the United States.

I find it amusing That the US governments solution is to levy more taxes. That's what drives these companies overseas in the first place!

Author: galeno Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65279 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 1:03 PM
Recommendations: 18
First the USA put onerous requirements and restrictions on rich Americans who want to hand in their American citizenships for tax reasons. Now the USA is attempting to do the same with American corporations for tax reasons.

Is the US govt. so obtuse that it can't see that its TAX POLICIES are the problem and not the anti-patriotism of rich American individuals and corportations? My short answer is YES.

It's time the US govt sit down and do a serious evaluation on WHY uneducated poor foreigners are beating down America's door to get into the USA while rich and educated American individuals and corporations are making a beeline for the exit.

No one gets to choose where they are born. It is NOT unpatriotic to flee a government that is trying screw you with taxes and red tape.

Author: peplow Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65292 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 7:41 PM
I find it amusing That the US governments solution is to levy more taxes. That's what drives these companies overseas in the first place!

What did you expect them to do? Admit that they screwed up?

Author: dukeandduke Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65293 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 7:54 PM
It's time the US govt sit down and do a serious evaluation on WHY uneducated poor foreigners are beating down America's door to get into the USA while rich and educated American individuals and corporations are making a beeline for the exit.

No one gets to choose where they are born. It is NOT unpatriotic to flee a government that is trying screw you with taxes and red tape. Galeno

Galeno - The voice of reason since 1902 :)

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65296 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/21/2002 9:19 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<I find it amusing That the US governments solution is to levy more taxes. That's what drives these companies overseas in the first place!

What did you expect them to do? Admit that they screwed up? >>

Apparently, fleeing from tax oppression is not to be tolerated.

After they cut down those who flee, is there any reason to suppose they wont cut down those of us who stay?

I find that about the most outrageous thing I can say to a lot of people is that I make no effort to maximize my income, but only aim to do the work that I am happy to do. I further compound that amazement by pointing out to people that the tax rate on my earned income is 43% or so, while the tax rate on my leisure time is 0%.

How many people anticipate efforts to penalize baby boomers who retire early when labor shortages start to pinch in a few years? Can't you just hear politicians thundering about the exodus of physicians and others who are deserting their duties by causing inconvenient labor shortages?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: Commodore64 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65309 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/22/2002 10:54 AM
I can't believe I just recced one of Galeno's posts!

jb

....checking into travel brochures to Bermuda

Author: peplow Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65310 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/22/2002 11:09 AM
....checking into travel brochures to Bermuda .........................

There are better choices than Bermuda,

Wally

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65314 of 734586
Subject: Re: OT taxes Date: 4/22/2002 3:28 PM
Recommendations: 1

No one gets to choose where they are born. It is NOT unpatriotic to flee a government that is trying screw you with taxes and red tape.

I can't believe I recommended one of Galeno's posts.

- Tom

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement