UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lokicious Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35339  
Subject: OT: Tsumani and Trade imbalance Date: 1/6/2005 11:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0106/p01s02-wogi.html

Just read this piece in the Monitor that I thought some might find interesting, given the issue of countries like China plowing inbalance of trade money into US T-bills. Apparently India is saying it doesn't need international financial help for coping with the Tsunami (of course, they didn't get the brunt of it), and there are some wider implications of what to do with excess capital, besides subsidize the US debt in order to keep the export market flowing.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jg4 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11560 of 35339
Subject: Re: OT: Tsumani and Trade imbalance Date: 1/6/2005 5:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A very interesting article. The global landscape is changing as we speak. Wonder why Thailand turned down France and German donations but accepted international aid?

Also, note the last chart where the US is one of the top ten government donors, but doesn't make the top ten chart for personal donors. I thought there was a lot of personal donation from the US.

JG

Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11561 of 35339
Subject: Re: OT: Tsumani and Trade imbalance Date: 1/6/2005 10:29 PM
Recommendations: 0
"subsidize the US debt "

US capital market returns have been enormous.

Foreign investors WANT to invest in US growth.

and have.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement