Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19776  
Subject: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/19/2012 5:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hostess Brands Inc and its worker unions have agreed to mediation.

http://news.yahoo.com/hostess-liquidation-too-sweet-managers...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12427 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/19/2012 8:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Exclusive: Sun Capital wants to buy Hostess

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/19/hostess-sun-buyout...

I want my fried Twinkies!
http://youtu.be/SH7W-lnkpk0

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12428 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/19/2012 8:58 PM
Just watched a segment on Closing Bell with one of the workers, doubt that they can do in 2 days what they haven’t been able to do in almost a year. Seems the gears are in motion for dismantling Hostess and selling the parts. They have saddled the company with huge debt and unless the union workers want to work for minimum wage I doubt that it can happen.

James

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12429 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/19/2012 10:39 PM
Recommendations: 0
Just watched a segment on Closing Bell with one of the workers, doubt that they can do in 2 days what they haven’t been able to do in almost a year. Seems the gears are in motion for dismantling Hostess and selling the parts.

The fact that the Hostess products flew off the shelves suggests the worker doesn't fully comprehend
the power of brand. If not the current management, some other entity might be willing to make
the products.

Author: xserver Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12430 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/19/2012 11:15 PM
Hmm...makes me want to retract that $100 bid I put on Ebay for a box of Ding-Dongs...

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12431 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/20/2012 7:50 AM
The fact that the Hostess products flew off the shelves suggests the worker doesn't fully comprehend
the power of brand.

The company is over a billion dollars in debt, what is making those products fly off the shelves is not the desire to consume them but possibly the desire to profit from them in some strange way like selling Ding-Dongs on E-Bay for 100 dollars a box.

James

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12436 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/20/2012 2:54 PM
We all hope that the nostalgic products continue to be available, and that the workers involved find suitable employment.

But frankly, I don't see an investment opportunity here. There are no circumstances under which I would take the risk on this one.

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12444 of 19776
Subject: Re: OT: Twinkies, still alive Date: 11/21/2012 9:18 AM
That $100 bid for Ding-Dongs on Ebay may be a good deal after all...

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Hostess+Scrumpti...

...Even if things had turned out for the better, it's unclear whether Hostess could reverse the damage of "several" days without revenue...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement