UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308882  
Subject: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/1/2001 7:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Thank you, board and Fools of all kinds!
Went by to see Worthless on my split break today... at 1:30 CT he was responding to my commands and slightly purring..(he wasn't at all yesterday). I came back at 4:30, under the impression this was the time we would have to put him to sleep, but he was more responsive than earlier today, letting me stroke under his chin-he likes that-and having his 'motor running' the whole time.

The vet talked it over w/ me and GF and said he looks stable enough to keep through the wknd on fluids...poor thing is hooked up to an IV.
Thanks to everyone for all the positive posts and kitty prayers...he isn't out of the woods yet, but gosh, it had to have helped somehow! :-)

Best, all-

criscarson
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AnnW Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56659 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/1/2001 8:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Oh, Cris, Shadow Cat and I will keep sending good vibes your way... Isn't their purr amazing?? It keeps going under the darndest circumstances!

Author: bookjunkie One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56674 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/1/2001 11:02 PM
Glad Worthless is doing better. If he has chronic renal failure (very common in cats), check out www.best.com/~lynxpt this site has helped us immensely.

Our cat has this, and we have to give him an IV every night. Quite an adventure, but we are all adapting.

I hope Worthless gets to go home next week, we'll be thinking about you all.

Author: Catleen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56717 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/2/2001 11:15 AM
I am glad to hear the news about your cat. I am not sure what the problem is, but if it is chronic renal failure, the cat can live. But it does take a lot of work. I have a friend that had a cat in this circumstances and he lived to be 17 years old.

I also went through this and it really wrenches the heart. Something about seeing a little furry animal on iv in the kitty hospital.

I will keep you in my thoughts. My Cocoa and Grace will do so as well. In fact they asked about Worthless last night...

Catleen

Author: kemlathrop Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56727 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/2/2001 12:15 PM
My heart goes out to you and your kitty companion. You are all in my thoughts, and my kitties Saint and Louie will be thinking good thoughts towards their fellow feline.

Kate
A cat diva since 1967

Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56791 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/2/2001 10:57 PM
Recommendations: 1
Yep, GF went out again to see Worthless...he starting to stand up and walk around-ON HIS OWN!!! Im sure the IV's still in there-I haven't yet seen-but she said his coat's glossier and he is responding VERY WELL, purring regular, etc.

I canNOT say thanks enough to all the Fools who offered up a little kitty prayers for us. It looks like-cross your fingers cause he ain't home yet-but it seems as if he might be able to come home 1st of next week!!!

(a jiggle happy dance and it's not even billpaying time...)

-criscarson

Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56792 of 308882
Subject: Re: O/T:Cat update... Date: 2/2/2001 11:03 PM
am glad to hear the news about your cat. I am not sure what the problem is, but if it is chronic renal failure, the cat can live. But it does take a lot of work. I have a friend that had a cat in this circumstances and he lived to be 17 years old.

I also went through this and it really wrenches the heart. Something about seeing a little furry animal on iv in the kitty hospital.

I will keep you in my thoughts. My Cocoa and Grace will do so as well. In fact they asked about Worthless last night...

Catleen...
bless your heart. Maybe**someone** hears feline prayers more judiciously about their own kind, than from humankind!

Give Coca andd Grace and extra treat with my name on it!

-criscarson

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement