UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 459315  
Subject: OT:Great XMas Gift 4 Preteen Boys Date: 10/7/2012 11:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This is completely off-topic, but someone on the board may have some clever or comical kids or grandkids under the age of 12 for whom they'd like to get a really different sort of gift for Christmas, Hanukkah or a Birthday.

When I was 9 or 10 years old, my younger brother and I used to roll in the floor laughing while watching "Lancelot Link - Secret Chimp," an all-simian Saturday morning show where an all-chimp cast spoof "The Man From UNCLE" and "Get Smart," two adult spy shows from the same period of the late 1960's - early 1970's.

Here's a YouTube link announcing availability of the "complete 17-episode" collection taken from ABC TV's original masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwOnq2C2vA

If you wonder whether what was cool and funny to 10-year olds 42 years ago is still considered "hilarious" to today's jaded youngsters, skip to about 4:00 minutes in this "review" from a kid named Clay who was thrilled to get his set of the DVDs from the producers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UazugZTaNw

Clay just keeps saying "hilarious" over and over. Apparently kids still have a sense of humor and fun.

I have two grand-nephews, age 7 and 9, (and grand-nieces age 8 and 10) who I'm hoping to surprise with at least one gift that they don't already have. I don't know if little girls will find it funny, but I know that boys enjoy jokes like this.

Supposedly, the proceeds from sales of the DVDs are being used to support "The Wildlife Waystation," an animal refuge for "retired" chimps like Lancelot Link himself.

P.S. - Next week - a review of HR PufNStuf and The Banana Splits.

;-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement