Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20005  
Subject: Re: Nat Gas Turnaround Timeline Date: 2/5/2013 11:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Other large unconventional reservoirs of natural gas will be discovered - which will in the short-term devastate the pure natural gas plays.

Well maybe, but one needs to remember that even if the 2023 prediction were to play out the big boys have a time horizon that stretches that far beyond that and for planning purposes need to act much sooner. i.e. it didn’t prevent XTO shareholders from making out from XOM’s purchase a few years back, or more recently Celtic this past year. In addition, to name a couple, Painted Pony and Tourlamine have done just fine presumably based on their location with respect to projects that are many years down the road.

- I'm a bigger fan of finding a favorable mix in companies that are on the path to cashflow through oil production but are sitting on a gold mine of natural gas - that is if the natural gas prices raise above $4 or more.

This remains my favorite choice as well, excepting non North American plays that already command high prices, except in most cases absent a oil hedging strategy as aggressive as SD’s many of these companies will just find themselves in a double dose of doodoo if oil prices were to roll over.

SD if Tom gets kicked out.

I still doubt this is in the cards.

Any ideas what’s behind the last 3 days of crappy performance with the share price? Dang thing is tempting me again despite everything I’ve had to say on the subject.

Once an addict always an addict I guess. :<)

B
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement