Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LloydMSW Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120829  
Subject: Other Office Expenses Date: 3/3/2001 9:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On Schedule C, what is the difference bteween "Office Expencese" and "Other Office Expenses"? What type of items would go in either?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47582 of 120829
Subject: Re: Other Office Expenses Date: 3/3/2001 9:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Office expenses" are usually things like stationery and other office supplies, copier toner, printer ink cartridges, etc.

I don't see a line for "other office expense" on the Sch. C. Can you be more specific?

Ira

Author: LloydMSW Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47618 of 120829
Subject: Re: Other Office Expenses Date: 3/4/2001 8:24 AM
"Other Expenses" is listed under Part V of Schedule C (Form 1040). Line 48 I think. And it that fighure goes into Line 27 on page 1. These line numbers are from the 1998 forms because I'm not at work right now and don't have the curent forms in front of me. So please forgive any minor errors in the location of this catagory.
Thanx for your help.

Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47620 of 120829
Subject: Re: Other Office Expenses Date: 3/4/2001 9:16 AM
LloydMSW,

I suspected that you meant "Other expenses." This is not "Other office expenses". Other expenses are anything that is a legitimate business expense which doesn't fit neatly into the categories provided in Lines 8 - 26. The Sch C instructions refer you to Pub 535, Business Expenses for further info.

Ira

Author: LloydMSW Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47676 of 120829
Subject: Re: Other Office Expenses Date: 3/5/2001 8:14 AM
Thanx for the replay and the clarification. It's amazing how the mind can latch on to something and not let go of it even if it's wrong and you know it. It's kind-o like having a tune stuck in your head.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement