UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756954  
Subject: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 12:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34436-2004Mar29.html
snip
With gasoline prices hitting new highs across the country, Sen. John F. Kerry plans to propose new policies on Tuesday for reducing auto fuel costs in a move certain to escalate the election-year political fight over prices at the pump.

Facing GOP attacks for advocating higher gas taxes as a senator, the Massachusetts Democrat will call on President Bush to apply greater pressure on oil-producing nations to increase production, in a bid to drive down crude oil prices, and to temporarily suspend filling U.S. oil reserves, said Stephanie Cutter, a Kerry spokeswoman.

Yah, this should be a long term fix! LOL
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mdwitte Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160239 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 7:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Kerry proves there is a huge, untapped source of WIND POWER available, tho!

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160243 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 7:35 AM
Recommendations: 16
Kerry's gas plan, if he becomes President, would pattern the typical liberal approach. First, raise taxes by at least $2 per gallon in order to dampen demand. Second, tax credits for folks who buy high milage cars. Third, tax credits for companies that make high milage cars. The tax would certainly have an effect. The second and third items would be as useless as they've been for the past 30 years since Carter put them in place. The obvious solution, developing more domestic oil resources and refinning capability would never enter Kerry's mind, nor would the development of nuclear energy, which would free up more oil for use in transportation.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160272 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 10:34 AM
<<Kerry's gas plan, if he becomes President, would pattern the typical liberal approach. First, raise taxes by at least $2 per gallon in order to dampen demand. Second, tax credits for folks who buy high milage cars. Third, tax credits for companies that make high milage cars. The tax would certainly have an effect. The second and third items would be as useless as they've been for the past 30 years since Carter put them in place. The obvious solution, developing more domestic oil resources and refinning capability would never enter Kerry's mind, nor would the development of nuclear energy, which would free up more oil for use in transportation.
>>

I seem to remember that George McGovern promoted a $.50/gallon gasoline tax in 1972. I suppose we can conclude from this that Kerry is four times as liberal as George McGovern?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160275 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 10:39 AM
Recommendations: 0
I seem to remember that George McGovern promoted a $.50/gallon gasoline tax in 1972. I suppose we can conclude from this that Kerry is four times as liberal as George McGovern?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On top of that McGovern is a cool name, Kerry is a girls name.

Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160276 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 10:41 AM

Nah, don't forget about the effects if inflation.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160284 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 11:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
<<I seem to remember that George McGovern promoted a $.50/gallon gasoline tax in 1972. I suppose we can conclude from this that Kerry is four times as liberal as George McGovern?

Nah, don't forget about the effects if inflation.>>

Heh, heh! This implies that liberalism has been inflated 400% in the past 32 years?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: FlyingCircus Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160298 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 12:23 PM
First, raise taxes by at least $2 per gallon in order to dampen demand.

Destroying the economy in the process.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 160334 of 756954
Subject: Re: OT:Kerry to Unveil Gas Plan Date: 3/30/2004 4:17 PM
I seem to remember that George McGovern promoted a $.50/gallon gasoline tax in 1972. I suppose we can conclude from this that Kerry is four times as liberal as George McGovern? - Seattle Pioneer

It really doesn't matter what Kerry believes or thinks because George Jr. will be the next president. He'll win and the score will be 69% to 31%. It might even be like that Dukakis race. I'm voting for whoever is the Green Party Candidate by the way. - Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement