Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,
This is only tangentially related to the Falling knife that is the entire finance sector. I'm wondering, is there anyway to participate in the huge amount of money that Lawyers will rake in trying to sort the mess out? I imagine everybody is going to be suing everybody for the next few years now, and it would be nice to make some money off of it. My first thought was are there any Publicly traded Law firms. Since a google search turned up the following and not much else:

On May 21 2007, the Australian personal injury law firm Slater & Gordon, with 21 branches in Australia and over 20,000 clients, went public and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, becoming the world’s first full-fledged publicly-traded law firm.

I'm assuming there are not any positioned to take part in this inevitable flood of litigation.
Does anyone know. Are their any service providers to law firms that might benefit? Maybe someone who maintains databases of old cases, or what about whoever print those rows and rows of leather bound case summaries you always see on TV? Maybe someone provides specially stationary ? Or maybe there are specialty messaging services to deliver legal documents? Every thing I know about Lawyers I learned from Law and Order, so I'm not in the best position to know what to look for. Anyone have any ideas?
Mac
Print the post Back To Top
As a multi-time visitor to the Land of OZ, I will remind you that the original "pioneers/settlers" DownUnder were all convicts!

sunray
a man with a memory
Why would a law firm go public when they have such relatively low capital requirements.
Why would a law firm go public when they have such relatively low capital requirements.

It increases the pool of hosts that the parasites can feed on. Before it was just the defendants to their suits and their own clients, now you can add shareholders to their list. :<)

B
Advertisement