UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BGinNJ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757792  
Subject: OT?:New Music Date: 3/25/2013 5:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I have to post about some new music that I trust will be enjoyed by some of the regulars here.

One of my new favorites is from an old favorite, Eric Burdon. His new CD Til Your River Runs Dry has some great new material on it. Starting with the first tune Water, it really rocks, like any of his old time classics. There is also a song called Bo Diddley special that is a tribute to his old friend. there is also a song called 27 Forever that is a about some of the great musical talent that left our world at the magical age of 27. Each time I listen to the CD it sounds better.

Another addition to my musical collection is Van Morrison's latest Born to Sing which came out last fall. IIRC this is his 35th release. It is top shelf with a wide variety of instrumentation and arrangements. There is a terrific song called Goin Down to Monte Carlo that is about 8 minutes long. I have always liked Morrison even though some of his offerings are not always up to the standard he set decades ago. This one is a real good one.

A final recomendation is the CD Coming from Reality by Sixto Rodriguez. His is an interesting story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixto_Diaz_Rodriguez

His two albums sold very little when they were released in 1970-71. His record label dropped him and later went under. Rodriguez became a laboror in our favorite American city Detroit. His bio says he ran for city council in 1989 but lost when his name was misspelled on the ballot. Meanwhile his music later caught on and became very influential in South Africa. He had no idea of his popularity there and the people over there thought he had died. Somebody must have made some good money selling his records, but he didn't. His story finally became known through the 2012 documentary Searching for Sugar Man.

The album has a unique sound to it. It sounds very well produced for a minor label production. The first song Climb up on my Music hooked me with its sound. He really gets a good groove going. I didn't like all of the songs, but most of them were very good and the CD overall was well worth a listen.

BG
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement