UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: trenchrat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121498  
Subject: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 2:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 87
WW2 started in the early 1930s....not 1941....when Hitler had Dolfuss he Austrian Chancellor assinated...as a precursor to inhaling Austria...only Mussolini stopped him by moving his divisions to the Brenner pass...Hitler backed down....England and France hid...afterwards...and only after seeing how they behaved..did Musso ally his stupid self with Nazi Germany...in 1936,,what did the world do whilst Spain was ripped apart by the skells of facsim?...nada..only Russia...for selfish reasons,,,and a few foreigners...the Abe Lincoln Brigades stepped into that lost cause....Ethiopia?....nada...Hitler could have been put to sleep in 1936 when he marched into the Rhineland..was he?....the rest is common knowledge....then we move on to the skells of recent memory....Idi Amin,,who fed the crocs for years as he filled Ugandan rivers with the corpses of his own people....Stalin...ofw...Pol Pot?...ofw?..the Tutsies of west Africa?...ofw....so when does the world act?..after the cows get out of the barn door?....The horrors that the Husseins done in Iraq matches anything the SS ever did....the "einsatz grupen" of the boys of Sodom done some kind of work over there..they still digging up mass graves....weapons of mass destruction?....these boys were Weapons of Mass Destruction.....and good riddance to them both....the world is now a tiny place...do we allow a bomb maker or a pedophile to live next door with our kids in the yard?.....nope.....the terrorist community is willing to blow up their kids to kill Americans, Jews, and any other group they demonize....do we make deals with einzatz grupen?...heck no...we kill them....do we sit down with neighbor pedophiles and beg them to leave out kids alone?...nope...we incarcerate them...are we our brother's keepers?...yep...we are....if not the USA?...who else?..France?....Argentina?,,,,Bangladesh?..UN?..the world will get smaller and smaller each year that goes by....who knows who moves in next door next year?......cussing W Bush..blaming him...is nonesense...mistakes have been made....tonnes of mistakes....that is old news....this bizness of rooting out the skells must go on...NOW...and anyone that doesn't see it..is blinder than I am....get some tri-focals maybe?.....My kid is out there...in a Marine uniform..I want him safe..sure I do...but he can see what needs to be done...a 19 year old can see....too much stupid rhetoric...too much stupidity in general...you do not appease nazis...you do not make deals with people that bomb themselves and their kids to make a point!...you protect yours...you deal with it.......tr
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bigbobboy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44759 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 7:57 AM
Recommendations: 6

Rat

For every time that the US and europe stood back and let the bad guys do bad things their were ten times that they manufactured Gulf of Tonkin type incidents to justify colonialism. Read the charts, it all in the charts.

Robert

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44760 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 8:24 AM
Recommendations: 11
For every time that the US and europe stood back and let the bad guys do bad things their were ten times that they manufactured Gulf of Tonkin type incidents to justify colonialism. Read the charts, it all in the charts.

I think that is flat backwards. Even today we are turning blinded eyes to dozens of horrific governments because it isn't politically expedient to do anything.

For every instance where we liberate a country like Iraq there are ten more - or thirty more - where people live in squalor or terror because of their leadership.

Author: trenchrat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44764 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 10:05 AM
Recommendations: 2
not talking about that crap...talking about lives...human lives...mass graves...yeeeeeesh...the litany of not caring makes me puke...the corpses of the millions we all let die make me puke...that is that...tr

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44768 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 11:09 AM
Recommendations: 3
Whatever else we (I'll assume it goes for all of us here) may think about current events or history that got us here, we all wish your son safely out of harm's way as soon as possible. As well as the sons of anyone else here in similar circumstances.

And once out, may he never be thought to be needed to be placed there again.

Ken

Author: roscodagama Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44782 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 11:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://http.dvlabs.com/carolina/UNCOVERED_Trailer_270K_MP4.mov

rosco

Author: sabatree Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44783 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/19/2004 11:38 PM
the vid says it all for this war......
sabatree

Author: camako Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44784 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/20/2004 12:20 PM
Recommendations: 8
cussing W Bush..blaming him...is nonesense...mistakes have been made....tonnes of mistakes....that is old news....this bizness of rooting out the skells must go on...NOW...and anyone that doesn't see it..is blinder than I am

I have no problem with "rooting out the skells". I do have a problem with the US thinking that it is the only authority to make the decision as to who or what qualifies as "skell" and go after it alone.

When somebody breaks the law, we have the courts to deal with that person. You cannot take matters into your own hands and punish people according to the standards that you set. If you do, then everybody has a different conviction as to what the law should be and that creates chaos, anarchy, disorder. I think this applies directly to the Iraq situation and the US deciding war is warranted and going it alone. If US keeps this up, it makes it turn into a bully, and a *tyrant*. Just like Saddam. Then we have *become* what we set out to destroy!

I do wish your son a safe return. And I urge you to rethink the whole situation with your brain, not your heart.

Camako

Author: cephlake Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44786 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/20/2004 3:22 PM
c wrote:

I think this applies directly to the Iraq situation and the US deciding war is warranted and going it alone. If US keeps this up, it makes it turn into a bully, and a *tyrant*. Just like Saddam.

At last count there are more than thirty countries involved with the U.S. in Iraq. There is a multinational force also at work in Afghanistan.

It would seem that this democratic talking point needs to be revised to reflect reality.

cl

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44787 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/20/2004 5:32 PM
I have no problem with "rooting out the skells". I do have a problem with the US thinking that it is the only authority to make the decision as to who or what qualifies as "skell" and go after it alone.

~

And I urge you to rethink the whole situation with your brain, not your heart.

It seems kind of presumptive that you would think that anyone that supports the US' actions haven't been using their brains. While I am personally unsure, I know an awful lot of bright people that have given our actions careful thought and still support them.

Your first point however is much more sinister, even if you don't mean for it to be. Our elected leaders are sworn protectors of the Constitution. Our Congress (and President as a National Guardsman) have all sworn to defend our Republic against enemies "foreign and domestic".

While we can argue all day long about whether Iraq really constituted an enemy that needed to be defended against what we cannot argue is whether the United States' causes should have to pass some kind of international litmus test before we act. Our leadership must - MUST - defend our Constitution and country first, and answer to their constituents second (hopefully these things are one and the same). What they must not do is answer to some sort of international committee before they commit to the defense of our great nation.

Author: camako Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44789 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 1:36 AM
The question that we should ask ourselves is

"Are we more secure now that Saddam is gone?"

I would be delusional to say yes. Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists now more than ever. And they don't even have to devise some elaborate plan to cause harm. They have their target sitting in their own backyard. Iraq has been destabilized beyond repair. Civil war is rearing its ugly head. I'm sorry to say, things are only gonna get worse. Mark my words.

camako

Author: cephlake Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44793 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 10:16 AM
Recommendations: 5
c wrote:

I would be delusional to say yes. Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists now more than ever. And they don't even have to devise some elaborate plan to cause harm. They have their target sitting in their own backyard. Iraq has been destabilized beyond repair. Civil war is rearing its ugly head. I'm sorry to say, things are only gonna get worse. Mark my words.

You have to stop reading the New York Times, the Boston Globe, the Chicago Tribune, the L.A. Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and the Seattle Post Intellingencer. Also stop watching the alphabet media, cspan, ms anything.

The picture the print and video media paints is dark and one of negativity, not one of hope. Their concern is not for the safety and well being of the Iraqi people, nor for that matter America and American citizens, but a concern for their kind of people being out of power. Therefore how can they portrait the news in the gloomiest of terms to create doubt. It is a pure propaganda move. They have absolutely no interest in showing the positive side of a story nor any facts of a story other than the number of American's killed in the war against terrorism.

Bah, humbug.

cl

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44794 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 12:21 PM
Recommendations: 4
Right. Close your eyes, cover your ears and stop listening to the news media. That damn First Amendment. It's been nothing but trouble. Maybe we can just dump it when the Constitutional Convention convenes to write discrimination INTO the Constitution.

Better you should live your political life by annonymous postings on the internet.

Get in step, why dontcha?

Ken

Author: cephlake Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44795 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 2:55 PM
Recommendations: 6
km47 wrote:

Right. Close your eyes, cover your ears and stop listening to the news media. That damn First Amendment. It's been nothing but trouble. Maybe we can just dump it when the Constitutional Convention convenes to write discrimination INTO the Constitution.

You seem to have missed the point.

It has to do with the agenda of the public media, not with their right to say it. The goal is to say or print anything they can to create doubt about the current adminstration. The intended result is another democrat administration, i.e. their kind of people. The media is certainly entitled to do that but I choose not to buy into it. You apparently do, it is your choice and I wish you well with it.

Hopefully we won't get hit by another attack like 9/11 which then may give you a chance to regret your choice.

Better you should live your political life by annonymous postings on the internet.

Get in step, why dontcha?

Certainly you can come up with a better insult than that.

cl

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44796 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 5:20 PM
"Certainly you can come up with a better insult than that."

Oddly enough, I thought what I wrote was an IDEA in response to the IDEA you raised. If in your book that constitutes an insult, ...........

Well, come to think of it, I guess based on your comments that in your book disagreement would constitute an insult.

Ken

Author: trenchrat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44797 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 8:00 PM
oh well....least I stirred the pot..which is what I do best..not responding to it here either....is reads as it was meant to read....John's warning posts over the past few weeks are the real deal...

we are so overdue for a real Fib retrace..38%...50%?.looks like we started the thing already...so beware...or be square..on the other hand....

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=%24gold

punch in $silver too...

$spx
$indu
$sox
$tran

and on and on...where is the bottom?...we tell u when we get there...cause the charts will tell us...keeping to the "grind out a living" mode...until?.....do like the best miner charts on any pullbacks now...gaps closings especially...but ....been a gold bull for a long time...and see no reason not to be?.....cyz....tr

Author: TheSatelliteKid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44798 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/21/2004 10:49 PM
Recommendations: 0
tr,

I love gold in the long run....but it scares me right now...that chart also shows that the lows are lower...

The BoJ is about to start selling the Yen again. Bloomberg has some yap on that......

Strong dollar weak gold......the euro looks like crap at the moment...but who knows....

Gold can for the short run move either way.....I keep seeing the lower lows........is it make or break for a rally in gold? Gold is pushing on the last high......

db out of gold for now......

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44812 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/22/2004 1:25 PM
Civil war is rearing its ugly head. I'm sorry to say, things are only gonna get worse. Mark my words.

camako

Worse for who?
The Iraqi people who have been murdered and thrown in unmark pits for decades or the 3 monkeys: hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil who allow these types of things to happen over and over and over and over and over. When do you get upset? When its you in the bottom of the pit?
Stand up for whats right, thats what we teach our children...Pete

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44813 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/22/2004 1:42 PM
"Stand up for whats right, thats what we teach our children...Pete"

The problem is you've got LOTS of different folks defining "right." Many have no interest in the West's definition, or so it seems to me.

Ken

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44817 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/22/2004 3:18 PM
Who was that Judge who said paraphrased: "I don't know the definition of obscene, I know when I see it"

I know evil when I see it. I think others do too...Pete

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44818 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/22/2004 3:34 PM
It was Potter Stewart.

And last I looked not you nor anyone else was appointed philospher king around these parts. I don't know how you define "evil" or those "others" do too. Sure as shootin', that definition just ain't universal. How local it is, is anyone's guess.

Do we look to the 21st Century as a century of reason, or just more "crusades" with the victors writing and then rewriting the history books? Can there be a century of reason with intolerance still so prevalent? Sometimes I figure until every religion accepts the simple Golden Rule of "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" as their First and overriding principle, the insanity will continue unabated.

Good look to us all.

Ken

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44819 of 121498
Subject: Re: OT...Read at your own risk Date: 3/22/2004 3:53 PM
And last I looked not you nor anyone else was appointed philospher king around these parts.

But I swear I would be a benevolent ruler. <grin>

Good luck to you Ken :-) ...Pete

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement