UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jkrou Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75337  
Subject: Re: retirement plans for small businesses Date: 11/26/2000 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Our firm has used T. Rowe Price without any problems or incidents for three years come January. All employees have been pleased with their fund choices and overall performance.

I am the administrator for our office so I know what and how much each person puts into their accounts. For fun, I have tracked the different funds that everyone purchases and their performance each quarter. I make an Excel chart showing the different funds and their cumulative performance since we started the plan. I did this so that each employee could see what other funds people picked, and how all of the funds have performed since we began investing in our SIMPLE IRA. I do not let the employees know who is in what fund, but rather have a list of all funds currently invested in. It has kept the employees that were leary of investing interested, and those who are comfortable find a competitive spirit.

It has worked for us, and again we have had zero problems since we started the Plan.

Jenn
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement