Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pegasus0 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19221  
Subject: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/2/2001 7:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Okay, I understand everything that you talked about in this report, David, ... except... Why the left side of the bed as you face the headboard ?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7005 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/3/2001 7:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Pegasus0, and welcome. You asked:

Okay, I understand everything that you talked about in this report, David, ... except... Why the left side of the bed as you face the headboard ?

LOL.

That's an easy one. I'm right-handed, so I discriminate against southpaws. By choosing the side that's on the left as I'm facing the headboard, my drinking glass, the TV remote, and any reading materials on my bedside stand remain within easy reach.

Regards..Pixy

Author: Pegasus0 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7035 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/4/2001 6:47 PM
Wow, I guess perhaps I must be ambidextrous

Author: cfdunton One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7202 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/31/2001 11:33 AM
What article??? I've been away for a while and I guess I missed it.

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7204 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/31/2001 12:57 PM
cfdunton asks:

What article??? I've been away for a while and I guess I missed it.

See "Our Retirement Security in Danger" in the retirement column archives at http://www.fool.com/retirement/retireeport/2001/retireeport2001.htm

Regards..Pixy

Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7205 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/31/2001 3:42 PM
TMFPixy

Just read your article "Our Retirement Security in Danger".

I have to look no farther that my own kids to know that saving for the future is not a priority with some of the younger generation. However, it seems to me, we are sending mixed signals to them.

On the one hand we say, spend less and save for retirement. On the other we tell them, consumer spending is the engine that drives our economy. Without consumer spending, our economy would decline, companies would go broke, jobs would be lost. I've even heard some economist recently advise people to "spend" their tax rebates, as opposed to saving and investing it. The economy needs the boost they say.

I believe there must be some middle ground here. We must teach our young people to spend wisely and save/invest wisely. There is a way to do both.

And, by the way, Washington and our States could use some of the same advice.

Sam

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7206 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 7/31/2001 4:04 PM
Sam writes:

We must teach our young people to spend wisely and save/invest wisely. There is a way to do both.

You certainly won't get an argument from me on that point. Such education should be mandatory nationwide starting in elementary school IMHO.

Regards..Pixy

Author: chsmithins Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7210 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 8/1/2001 3:38 PM
I heard once where 401k money is not considered in the national savings rate; only after-tax money is counted. It seems, if true, that this would make for an awfully misleading national savings rate.

Does anyone know?

Author: JimB100 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7212 of 19221
Subject: Re: Our Retirement Security in Danger Date: 8/2/2001 11:37 AM
Ah, now you have hit on a subject dear to my heart. I have never understood how we can expect our children to understand capitalism (and the importance of saving and investing) if we don't teach it to them in our schools. We don't and it doesn't look like we will any time soon.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement