UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nomorecards Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308722  
Subject: out of debt (almost!) Date: 1/4/2001 10:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Hello Fellow Fools!

I have been reading this board for about a month or so,
and thought I would share with you. As many of you know
there is NO greater feeling than paying off debt!

My wife and I have been taking advantage of the card offers that came to our house each month 2.99% for 6 months transferring balance after balance to this rate. at the end of 6 months another offer would appear
and we would transfer the remainder of the 2.99% rate
and got a rate for 1.99% for 6 months ALL in ALL we paid down $10,000 worth of debt within a 12 month period All the time keeping only 2 cards active closing various other accounts, because having to many lines of credit open can be just as damaging when you apply for say a mortgage. I now HAVE 0 credit card debt I made my last payment in DEC. This year (Jan 01)
I am now working to pay off my home as I write this
I owe exactly $26521.68 I have a 30 year fixed rate of
5.25% I figure I can pay off my house in 35 more months. we are committed to being debt free. I'll let
you fools know how I do in a future update.
nomorecards!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Bluedogg One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53156 of 308722
Subject: Re: out of debt (almost!) Date: 1/5/2001 4:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>I figure I can pay off my house in 35 more months. we >are committed to being debt free. I'll let
>you fools know how I do in a future update.

Keep the faith, To thy own foolish self be true.

Been doing that kind of thing too. Still working on the CC cards though. When you finaly realize its a problem, is when the solution finaly starts getting implemented.

Being able to sound off here is great and a great morale booster.

May your next year be more prosperous then your last.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement