UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8883  
Subject: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/27/2012 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So I just sold Con Ed (ED) because of concerns about them using the pension fund income to pump up earnings. I am thinking of putting that money into Southern (SO) or would you recommend a different dividend paying stock?

Razz
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7527 of 8883
Subject: Re: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/27/2012 11:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
So I just sold Con Ed (ED) because of concerns about them using the pension fund income to pump up earnings. I am thinking of putting that money into Southern (SO) or would you recommend a different dividend paying stock?

Razz

You've clarified the reason for selling ED. Do you have a percentage allocated to utilities?
Is that the reason for wanting to exit one utility and moving to another?

Have a SO & Exelon EXC stakes, and currently think EXC offers a better deal. YMMV.

Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7530 of 8883
Subject: Re: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/27/2012 6:18 PM
Or MAIN, Vodaphone, Emerson electric?

Author: soycapital Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7531 of 8883
Subject: Re: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/27/2012 8:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
<Have a SO & Exelon EXC stakes, and currently think EXC offers a better deal.>

I have SO long term bought a lot of EXC a few months ago, I agree that it has some upside, seems SO has made it's move in the last 18-24 months or so.
Like both.

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7532 of 8883
Subject: Re: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/27/2012 9:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
I have SO long term bought a lot of EXC a few months ago, I agree that it has some upside, seems SO has made it's move in the last 18-24 months or so.
Like both.

I added a little more EXC today. My SO position is more than twice the EXC stake. For me, it isn't
so much about balancing the two, but which of the two offer more upside. Right now, EXC works for
me as it helps my DCA objective.

Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7536 of 8883
Subject: Re: Out of ED and into SO? Date: 9/28/2012 11:47 AM
Yes, I would like to keep this allocated to utilities.

Razz

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement