No. of Recommendations: 0
Over the past 3 years of working w our clients in our Trust area I have built good relationships with our current mortgage lenders and other officers. In conversations with them I have heard time and time again how x mortgage guy has business walk out the door because he doesn't communicate with his clients. I feel one of the strengths I have in my current job is communicating with my clients and ensuring they understand what my expectations are for them and for myself. The MO's that I speak with tell me that is the biggest portion of their job. Setting the expectation for the client upfront and communicating throughout the process. I feel this sort of position fits that strength of mine very well.

Secondly I have always had an affinity towards the process behind lending, the math etc. When I would get mortgages myself I was always asking more questions from the lender etc... thru my own experiences I learned that most of the ones I dealt with don't really have that knowledge base and I found that frustrating. I feel like I could do a better job of satisfying the clients then they do.

Thirdly I have the desire to have more control over my paycheck and my current position does not afford that. My hesitation is going from having a nice salary that is stable to going to something that is completely variable and basically 100% commission based. Its the first 5-6 months that worry me. Getting off the ground and established.

Fourth I see a lot of opportunity within our organization in our particular market. We have had 3 of the top lenders leave to open their own shop, move to a smaller bank, want out of management. That leaves only 2 peopel in my general area that do this position for my bank and both of them are now considering a move to go independent and to take a more leadership role at a local bank.

These are a few of the reasons I am looking for the change.
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement