Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: broadmoor Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 27  
Subject: overbid Date: 12/18/2006 9:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In pre-market H now trading more than a dollar above buy-out price. Does that mean there is some consensus that a better offer will materialize, or that the $30 will be rejected?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alanvw Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 27
Subject: Re: overbid Date: 12/18/2006 10:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm trying to figure this out too. As a shareholder, you have to wonder how much of a better offer you are likely to see vs. just selling now.

Author: rmale Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 27
Subject: Re: overbid Date: 12/18/2006 10:26 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one puzzled by a share price higher than the offer. Only just though; the commission paid if sold now would take it lower.

Author: harbingerj One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 27
Subject: Re: overbid Date: 12/18/2006 10:50 AM
I don't know the answer either but it seems the price has come down to half a percent higher than the "offer"

Maybe that is reasonable for the commission.

Author: broadmoor Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20 of 27
Subject: Re: overbid Date: 12/18/2006 6:03 PM
There is an article on Dow Jones Newswires which does mention the possibility of another suitor. I guess some folks will buy a bit above the agreed offer price on spec.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement