UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757355  
Subject: Overnight Date: 11/15/2012 1:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
We went for an overnight at The Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown WV. Overlooking the Potomac RIver with close by access to the C&O Canal path.

For dinner I had:

Bavarian Fish Sampler
Smoked & Pickled Salmon; Smoked Trout with Scotch Whiskey Sauce;
Halibut-Lobster Terrine wrapped in Nori Leaf;
and a Jumbo Shrimp over Marinated Shrimp & Crabmeat Salad

German Salad Tasting “Four Ways”
Beetroot with Apple Citrus, Rutabaga with Sherry Vinaigrette
Cucumber Dill and Sour Cream, and Vegetarian Potato Salad

Elk and Venison Tenderloin Duo with Game Jus
Pickled Celery Root, Braised Brussels Sprouts, & Chestnut Puree

DH had Wild Game Terrine in a Potato and Applewood Bacon Crust
Caramelized Poached Pear and Pumpkin Chutney as an appetizer, but otherwise the same as I. Except he ate half of my entree - I ran out of room.

And a good time was had by all.

Back in Nova - sigh.

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655312 of 757355
Subject: Re: Overnight Date: 11/15/2012 2:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sounds like a fabulous dinner. And the room rates are quite reasonable, even for the rooms that overlook the Atomic River.

I had pork chops with sweet 'n' sour sauce and chunks of pineapple, whipped up by DW the previous night and saved for last night. Mmmmm, good. Then it was off to clinic, where I got to look at an ulcer on a leg, a rash on a neck and listen to some complaints without visual components. Unfortunately a different interpreter lucked into the case where the doc had to cut and drain an infection. I've not seen one of those yet.

--fleg

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement