Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PANLphile Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1585  
Subject: Overvaluation of PANL Date: 7/25/2011 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are there any opinions on the Seeking Alpha article by Liam Mulcahy on 6/30/11 regarding Universal Display Corp's valuation and the OLED market potential? I have been a PANL investor and cheerleader since 1998 and currently own several thousand shares. Maybe naive in my expectations of future value of the company going forward - it was to be the last stock I ever intended to liquidate - but I have had my faith shaken with recent patent invalidation reports and the stock price nosedive in recent weeks. I realize the $63 price it hit was probably emotionally inflated and I plan to hang on at least through the next earnings call, which I expect to be favorable.
It is hard to find any discussion of the patent challenges other than the Japan case and the potential case in Korea. Is UDC taking the Japan decision to appeal? Are there other challenges in the works? And how do these decisions affect future revenues? The bulk of OLED materials and products production will be in Asia, so these patent challenges, to me, appear to be critical.
The slam on the OLED market in general presented in this article was also unsettling, given the advantages this technology offers and the fact that Samsung, LG, and others have invested billions into increasing production of OLED and AMOLED panels.
I don't see this stock retreating to $10 a share. I am hoping a favorable Q2 earnings call will move it up a bit. More expert commentary would be appreciated.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement