No. of Recommendations: 29
I keep getting this question so here's the answer. Feel free to use it or share it.
Owning a gun is a right. The 2nd amendment says so. The Supreme Court of the United States says so. God gave us our rights.
The founders fought a war to establish this country. The threw off a tyrannical government. And they feared that another would come to power right here in our own land. So they wrote the right to carry a gun to each citizen as an individual right.
This week a thousand people who don't value that right have asked me why I need a gun. I could give them a thousand useful reasons to have a gun that would explain the NEED for a gun. But I WON'T give them those reasons AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER. DON'T ever feel obligated to explain why you NEED a right.
50 years ago a woman refused to give up her seat on a bus and she didn't have to explain her NEED...she had a RIGHT to be treated like the rest.
I worship God but I don't need to explain why I NEED to....because I have that right.
I walk the streets of any town in America without fear that police will demand my papers because I have that RIGHT.
And every day...when I go to work, or church, or the movies or a mall, I carry a gun and I don't have seek permission based on NEED because I have a RIGHT as a product of God and a citizen of the United States of America.
An armed man is a Citizen.
An unarmed man is a subject.
Free Men do not ask permission to bear arms.
Lars Larson
Freeman
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement