Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know if I am on the right board, but does anyone know if two single people own a house, can each person divide the deductions and each file their own tax. I'll try to make this a little clearer, by saying that I usually file taxes and claim the house, then I give the other person half of what I get back. He files the ez form and gets to keep what he gets back, but now he wants to file and have each of us claim half of the deductions. I am afraid that I will end up paying if this is even possible. I make a little over $42,000. and he makes almost $29,000. Is there any help out there for me?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.