No. of Recommendations: 1
Ox,

I think just putting these G20 standouts on notice for their debt habits should be a wake up a call. I also disagree with Mr. Hooper, I think it is both possible and plausible for some of the g20 including the US to lose their AAA ratings for exactly the reason you state. At what point do we make the USD so diluted that it has a significant impact.

We may not lose our AAA rating directly, it is possible at some point the international market will price US debt as less than AAA which is functionally the same. I wonder if the FDIC and the Fed Bank have the political and fiscal fortitude to reign in this liquidity as money comes of the shelf. Their is an addiction to growth at all costs that has infected Wall St. for decades and has spilled over into the beltway. The handwriting is on the wall, how many growth at any cost companies have blown up? WorldCom, Tyco, Enron . . .

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement