Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DCWD40 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49978  
Subject: Oz at $100 million Date: 3/16/2013 11:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Oz reached $102 million in domestic sales in seven days. 53% of the sales were for the 3-D version (including IMAX). Mr. Iger made the point that he thought it was visually beautiful. The high level of 3-D sales tells me the theater goers think the same.

BoxOfficeGuru.com is estimating $250 million for the domestic run. For comparison, Alice did $334 million.

W.D.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: esxokm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48489 of 49978
Subject: Re: Oz at $100 million Date: 3/17/2013 3:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I would love to know the profit-potential of this film as it compares to Alice over the long run. Is the Oz feature more valuable because the talent might take less of the gross? I ask because I am wondering if Depp and Burton were more powerful with Disney than Raimi and Franco in terms of all that first-gross/backend stuff.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement