UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976161  
Subject: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Did I ever once say that we shouldn't grant assistance to Americans in crisis, be it Caliphornia or NY Chitty? Nope. Never once. Not even close.

But you PA Lefty Jihadists say that stuff all the time and until you stop, you skunks are gonna be held up by the tail. (It is nice to se you people plant seeds to Civil War though. I wish you all the division and strife your balkanization will bring....lol told you so!)

http://boards.fool.com/this-is-easy-to-explain-after-listeni...

"After listening to their Governor, the owners of West Fertilizer thought obeying Federal law was optional. In fact being avid reader's of the PA righties, the owneres of West Fertilizer believed ALL FEDERAL LAWs are unconstitutional on their face."

"Live Free or Die boys and don't mess with Texas. Don't send them a penny in federal Aid, either."

AMERICANS DIED. Not the irresponsible owner of the business. But innocent AMERICANS who were just doing their job. So what does the Prince of Medicority and Envy do? Takes a break from envying people, to mock a few state slogans, and to demand no federal aid go to these people.

I know, Jedi didn't say it. So no fanfare. You Liberals will make excuses and attack. That's cool. But that's why it's also cool to cheer your punishment economically, in schools, in prisons, in austerity, and all the fun stuff you deserve :)

But, your collective Smug Attitudes are causing your "chickens to come home and roost".

Let's refrain from helping Americans because we don't like their politics! Sorry goofy, it's this attitude that has caused you to become a blogger who has to take to the boards to insult the many people who have succeeded more than you, instead of joining their club. NO wonder HR passes you up. Bitter Clinger.

JediG
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872505 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 77
Of course we will send aid, Jedi....

But not before we remind everyone that Governor Perry recently invited businesses to leave other states and move to Texas because Texas was the state of minimal regulation.... (boy, that worked out real well in this instance)

And not before we remind everyone that Governor Perry and a few other Texas pols have puffed up their chests and hinted at secession....

And not before we remind everyone that Texas' own Senator Ted Cruz voted against federal relief for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Seems Texas hates the federal government... except when they need it.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872509 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 12:50 PM
Recommendations: 5
You send 'em aid, Bill. Why would I aid a foreign coountry that has eschewed its relationship to the US.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872512 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 1:00 PM
Recommendations: 0
You send 'em aid, Bill. Why would I aid a foreign coountry that has eschewed its relationship to the US.

Because in spite of their huffing and puffing, they haven't seceded. Until they do, they are still one of the United States of America.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872515 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 1:06 PM
See Z? You won't admit it, but Goof is a Leftist Jihadist here and the Left will give him a pass.

Despite all my comments on NY Chitty and Caliphornia, I have never, and would never say...don't send them aid.

But, you wish to remind them of all their wrongdoings before sending them aid? Ok. Maybe you'd like to do that at the welfare office for anyone that had a baby out of wedlock despite sex ed?

Maybe we can demand that NO evidence gotten from Gitmo, Patriot Act, or wiretaps be used to deter attacks in Caliphornia or anyone that voted majority against Bush-Cheney? Totally wrong in my opinion.

You told Goof there is one United States.

WRONG. As your buddy told you many moons ago, there isn't. Even the post-attack yellow ribbon unity is getting more fractured each time.

Here you have it. A Leftist says Texas is a foreign country not deserving aid.

Enjoy the ride. It's gonna get bumpier.

JediG

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872554 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 3:38 PM
Recommendations: 4
"Despite all my comments on NY Chitty and Caliphornia, I have never, and would never say...don't send them aid."

Do you consider those who voted against sending aid to NY/NJ to be rightist Jihadists?

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872558 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 3:58 PM
I don't follow your politics closely anymore, so I don't know if there were underlying reasons for those votes. Ie, sometimes such items are part of other bills that are disagreeable, thus Senators vote against good stuff to prevent stuff they don't want.

BUT....

If they straight up voted against helping Americans in crisis, then I am ashamed of them and especially Senator Cruz, because I like the guy so far. So if he voted against aid to Americans during crisis, screw them and they can e*t me.

What do you consider them?

And what do you consider Goofy for not wanting to help Texans in crisis? As usual i've given a straight answer to a straight question.

JediG

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872560 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 4:19 PM

And what do you consider Goofy for not wanting to help Texans in crisis? As usual i've given a straight answer to a straight question.

Except he didn't ask you a straight question. He asked you a question based on a dishonest premise, i.e. that Cruz's vote against the Sandy bill is the same thing as the despicable posting here.

Let's spell it out: the Sandy bill contained all kinds of pork that had nothing to do with hurricane relief. It's entirely plausible to vote No based on that and still be for actual, you know, relief. As opposed to the stuff PA libs have said about Texas.

But noooooo. They have to play their "Mommy! So and so did it too!" reindeer games of false equivalence. Notice how he couldn't just straight up say how he felt? They're beyond reasoning with.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872562 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 4:34 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hi Dope1...

Please note I made a disclaimer because I know, some of these Leftists are as dishonest as their Mullah's in their so-called media.

JediG

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872564 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 4:53 PM
Hi Dope1...

Please note I made a disclaimer because I know, some of these Leftists are as dishonest as their Mullah's in their so-called media.

Heh. Noted. That makes twice today I've some lib try and play that game. You'd think they'd learn sometime.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872570 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 5:59 PM
Let's spell it out: the Sandy bill contained all kinds of pork that had nothing to do with hurricane relief.

While it wouldn't surprise me (this happens all the time), I would be interested in whatever source from which you got this information.

I think they should have a rule that they can't just add a bunch of BS to a bill that has nothing to do with the bill.

Author: mzee20 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872572 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 6:12 PM
Recommendations: 11
I have an objection to sending "aid" in this case for the same reason I objected to sending aid to fix the damage from BP's Macondo well blowout (three years ago this past Saturday): we should not allow private industry to socialize the consequences of their negligence. If the feds want to advance aid with the idea of recovering said costs from the fertilizer company, I'd be ok with that, except that those funds are probably already spent or squirreled away in the Caymans, so we'll never get our money back.

It is not the fault of the feds if these guys failed to comply with regulations or engaged in high-risk activities so close to residences. In my past professional life, I had frequent contact with risk management procedures and authorities. My facility was never inspected by the feds (even though we were federally funded), but rather by my own institution and the local fire marshall, a paid professional who had the power to shut us down if we were in violation of any laws {local, state and federal). He threatened to do once because we had a battery-operated clock in a lab that might contain VOCs, even though the air was changed 8 times an hour. I wonder what he would have thought of tons of ammonium nitrate? We had the local firefighters in from time to time just so they could see what was where, and how the place was laid out so they could do a better job when the time came.

Did the local fire department have and use such authority? I don't know. From what I have been able to determine, most of the dead firefighters were volunteers, risking their lives for free. It seems the citizens of that and the surrounding towns (from which a majority of the dead came) thought so little of their own safety and so much of their own pocketbooks that they didn't want a professional fire service, and they were too libertarian to demand that the fertilizer company pay sufficient taxes to protect them from the danger inherent in any concentration of explosive materials. I pay for such services (union thugs that they are) to protect myself and my neighbors, even though I live far from potential hazmat incidents; why should I now pay for theirs? In fact, I should be forbidden to restrict their freedoms and denigrate their dignity by offering them charity in the form of federal aid.

For the record, I also don't want to subsidize ocean front living for people who can't afford the consequences of their choices. Anyone who was allowed to participate in the fed flood insurance program and didn't, should be denied aid other than 30 days of FEMA help while they look for a new place. The federal flood insurance program is a mess, with participation forbidden unless the homeowner falls into flood areas already recognized by the fed maps, which are badly out of date. Once that is fixed, however, receiving any hurricane relief should be dependent on participation in the insurance program, and the insurance premiums should be realistic and self-sustainable.

Maybe we can make aid to West, TX dependent on their developing a zoning and professional risk management plan that is self-sustaining, supported by the businesses that cause the dangers.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872578 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 6:57 PM

Because in spite of their huffing and puffing, they haven't seceded. Until they do, they are still one of the United States of America.

or we could show the same compassion we'd show for a disaster
in Serbia

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872584 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 7:08 PM
Ok, it's not the fault of the Feds.

So from now on, when giving people aid is that the litmus test?

For welfare, drug rehab, food stamps also?

JediG

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872595 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 8:04 PM
Recommendations: 3
Let's refrain from helping Americans because we don't like their politics!

Aren't you describing yourself, Jedi? Who cheers the impact of austerity cuts more than you? And you blame those who opposed the cuts, and laugh self-righteously and smugly.

Sorry you will think this is an insult. I'm only telling the truth about you.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872601 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 9:14 PM
"I don't follow your politics closely anymore, so I don't know if there were underlying reasons for those votes. Ie, sometimes such items are part of other bills that are disagreeable, thus Senators vote against good stuff to prevent stuff they don't want."

Isn't that what politics is though? It is not only voting for bills a politician thinks are perfect. It is voting for bills as they are presented and negotiating and finding compromises to make things better.

Take Obamacare. In Obama's ideal world he would not have accepted Obamacare. He would have gone for a national single payer system. He had to accept the bad with the good in order to get things done.

"And what do you consider Goofy for not wanting to help Texans in crisis?"

I consider him to be wrong on this.

I understand his frustration at people who vote against their own self interest and make poor choices and then expect to be bailed out when the very things they voted for literally blow up in their faces, but he is still going about it the wrong way. He is wrong in what he said.

I also consider it wrong when you revel in people suffering in the name of liberalism. I understand it is just performance art. Why don't you consider goof's reactions to be performance art?

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872615 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/22/2013 10:46 PM
Recommendations: 42
Let's spell it out: the Sandy bill contained all kinds of pork that had nothing to do with hurricane relief.

Um....not even REMOTELY true. Even Republican Chris Christie tagged this as BS when he dissed his own party for waffling on the relief.

Here is Jon Stewart showing the *actual* hurricane relief bill on his show. Please tear yourself from Proxiganda channel and look at Jon Stewart showing the ACTUAL bill.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-7-2013/c--k-bl...

Its ONE PAGE. TWO PARAGRAPHS LONG. No pork. Zero pork. Show me the pork.

PLESE take your head out of your posterior and view the link above, then explain where the pork was. And why the Republicans voted against it.

Hypocrisy thy name is ...

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872634 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 2:15 AM
You can place your partisan insults someplace. The original bill was full of pork, including $150 million for Alaskan fisheries. I know that part was taken out.

Good for Congress if they managed to pass a reasonable bill for once. Maybe you'll learn to just post in a thread without a lot of stupid insults.

Author: cal8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872644 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 8:16 AM
I would not send aid.
It, however, has nothing to do with it being Texas and this being some kind of retribution for the votes on the Sandy aid. It has to do with the nature and scope of the disaster.

If a tornado touches down in one town that should not be a federal disaster either. A Federal disaster should be something that:
1. Impacts either more than one state or is so devastating within the state that it prevents the state from being able to assist.
2. Should not be caused by a company, unless the government is planning on getting reimbursed by the company for the assistance that it provides.
3. Should not be something that standard insurance covers.

The explosion in West appears to have been caused by incompetence of a company. This company, its insurers, and the people that extracted profits from it, should have to pay to reimburse the State of Texas who should be the first entity to act. If the state did not require the insurance that another state would, the state of Texas should have to provide the gap in that insurance. If no state required this level of insurance, then the Federal government should step in and help.

Trivia question, who is paying to rebuild the World Trade Center?

Charles
A) The Port Authority of NY and NJ. This is the primary driver that has caused the rates to cross the George Washington Bridge into NYC to jump from $8 in 2001 to $13 today to pay the $11 billion construction cost. I don't see Texas paying for this reconstruction.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872669 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 10:03 AM
JoelCairo...

I PROUDLY AND LOUDLY CHEER YOUR AUSTERITY FROM PARIS TO CALIPHORNIA.

And I say 'told you so!"

But you don't see a difference between that, and witholdinng aid from americans in tragedy or crisis.

No I don't need to insult you.

I'd rather keep laughing at real current events from Paris to Caliphornia and rubbing it in. All I need is current events to do that. It's you who needs insults.

Keep your recs.

I'll keep laughing at real things. More austerity on the way.

JediG

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872685 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 10:53 AM
Ummm...

I REVEL IN LIBERALISM CAUSING AUSTERITY AND PROBLEMS. YES.

FOCUS ON ME MORE.

IT MAKES IT EASIER FOR THE RULING CLASS TO STICK IT TO YOU MORE.

And here's to you for taking no exception with Goofy for wanting to stick it to americans in CRISIS and wallowing in death. I again repeat, I do not wish that on any american. You and Goofy do.

So yeah, here's to bigger class sizes, crappier infrastructure, longer waits for airports or doctors, a less qualified workforce, more prison and welfare population.

COURTESY OF THE VERY LIBERALISM AND OBAMA I VOTED FOR AND SUPPORT.

And yeah, greedy Liberals like you and Goofy can't imagine people voting against their own interests, and for something larger.

Quite different than Liberal mooches who solely vote for their own interests, make people more successful than them pay more taxes, and then greedily hang on to every 401k and mortgage deduction and AMT reform dime they can.

But, in the end, you greedy Liberals have bigger problems than just your betrayal of dead americans in texas.

Like in Europe, your bill is coming due.

From Paris to Caliphornia, you are getting what you deserve. I'm willing to keep taking your attacks as long as I can keep enjoying the 'good' news.

jediG

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872776 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 5:57 PM
In late December the Bill had $12 billion to be spent in 2014. It was later trimmed to emergency provisions and passed. The end.

Author: NoSeeUm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872783 of 1976161
Subject: Re: PA Jihadist, comments on Texas Date: 4/23/2013 6:53 PM
That's what I like about you Dope. You never miss an opportunity to look like the fool by sticking your foot in your mouth.

Umm. While I don't always agree with you on political matters, I do admire your incisive ability to strike the nail forcefully on the head when the circumstances so lend themselves.

Well, said, sir, and true.

Jimbo

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement