Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stocksrme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: PAASF Date: 6/1/1997 9:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
PAASF has been promoted to the NASDAQ effective
June 2. Good news. I would enjoy hearing the pros and cons of this company. Does anyone have any info to share I have been thinking about buying this stock.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dbadgero Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2 of 26
Subject: Re: PAASF Date: 6/14/1997 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I too have only been thinking of buying PAASF. It looks to me like a well run company, but it seems to be a pure metals play(primarily silver). Their last quarter they showed a small profit for the first time which at current silver prices isn't bad. If you think silver is going up this stock should have a big gain. Which brings me to my question. Have you ever heard of a "metals contract"? I read somewhere on the info-superhighway that they are what is keeping metals prices depressed. Apparently it goes like this: A central bank "loans" their silver to someone in return for a small interest payment with the understanding that this silver will be returned. These metal loans depress the price of the metal because the central banks are putting so much of the shiny stuff into the supply stream. The problem with this is that most of this metal is being consumed and therefore can not all be returned. Story goes demand is exceeding new supply by about 150 million ounces a year. In three to four years, depending on whose estimates you believe, inventories will be depleted and the law of supply and demand will force silver up big. Does anyone out there know if this is really what's going on or are me and my "source" missing something?

Author: stocksrme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 26
Subject: Re: PAASF Date: 6/16/1997 6:54 PM
I have heard the samething about the central banks but I have no idea what to make of it. By the way I bought PAASF.

Author: Mick65 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 26
Subject: Re: PAASF Date: 8/4/1997 6:30 PM
Gold- Seems that PAASF has hit gold in Peru. Don't know if they were looking for silver and got gold instead. What ever, still think Ross Beaty knows what to do with it.

Mick

Author: dbadgero Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 26
Subject: Re: PAASF Date: 8/12/1997 4:55 PM
Hi, Sorry It took me so long to respond haven't checked the board in awhile. They posted a loss for the first 6 months of 4 cents. This was due to exploration costs and does not worry me, but I still suspect the short term effect on the stock will be slight downward pressure. I am going to wait to buy until it is less than 6 bucks. A couple of other positives in my view: 1) They continue to reduce production costs. 2) They issued stock options to executives at 9.25 dollars a share exercisable for 5 years. These are worthless unless the stock goes above that. 3) This is a good company which also supplies a little guy like me with a hedge against inflation. I know no one is worried about inflation but that's what makes me nervous. DLB

Author: Mick65 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 26
Subject: Re: PAASF Date: 8/13/1997 12:04 AM
Would hate to tell you what I bought it for- but am thinking of buying some more. Still feel they are a good honest company with a good head. Will take awhile and 9.50 doesn't sound unreal.

Mick

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement