UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 274  
Subject: Painless Migraines Date: 10/12/2005 10:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anybody know what helps with these? I'm fortunate not to have the full-blown symptoms; all I get is the aural phase with all the visuals. In the greater scheme of things, it's just an annoyance, but it does get impossible to drive safely or see a computer screen with the major ones. Any magic bullets?

Richard
Print the post Back To Top
Author: khhhch One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 252 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 10/13/2005 9:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
A friend of mine found he can get rid of them just by taking caffeine that's found in many migraine medications. He can drink a Coke and these symptoms will go away. Maybe it'll work for you, too--

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 253 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 10/13/2005 10:35 AM
Thanks, khhhch. I already caffeinate myself thoroughly ;) Maybe that's the problem....

Richard

Author: khhhch One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 10/14/2005 10:35 AM
That definitely is one of the things they'll tell you quit if you come to a doctor complaining of headaches. I prefer 100% Columbian decaf--

Kathy

Author: nikita02445 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 2/6/2006 10:06 PM

I don't get classical auras, but I have what I call 'constellation symtoms' that sometimes last for days but never develop into a migraine...as you say annoying, and distracting for driving and working, and also make me feel kind of generally lousy.
Mine is kind of a 'rush of blood to the head' every couple of minutes (thanks to Coldplay for finally helping me to put a name to it). My eyes get kind of a light pressure feeling and maybe shift for a split second, a whirring in my ears like a seashell sound, and a kind of dizzy feeling for a couple heart beats, baabumm, baabumm, then not again for a minute or two.

Unfortunately, what seems to work, is what works for the migraines - the stuff that shrinks, or opens your blood vessels. Unfortunatley that stuff comes bundled with either a mild sedative (Midrin) or a barbituate (Fiorinal). Have you tried taking Imitrex, Maltex or the newer Axert or does that seem like overkill? (I can't tolerate those sumatripans, so I'm stuck with the ones that make you stupid and sleepy).

Also - I got new lights in my cubicle at work that have a spectrum closer to daylight - and I assume you have the low-flicker monitors - those things have helped me.
The fluorescent bulbs are from Duralite (I may have to check on that) and are called Vistalite or something. And I'd have to look up the Kelvins for you. I want to say somewhere between 3000-5000.
It's a much whiter light than the yellowish ones that are standard in most offices.
I also have switched all the lights in my home to the Reveal bulbs and this has made a huge difference.

Hope something in here helps you...
nikita

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 261 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 2/7/2006 8:59 AM
Hope something in here helps you...
nikita

Thanks nikita, I don't get them often enough to do anything extraordinary with the environment. I guess I'll just watch the show ;)

Richard

Author: nikita02445 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 266 of 274
Subject: Re: Painless Migraines Date: 2/12/2006 2:44 PM

I guess I should be glad I don't have auras or visual disturbances, but I've always been curious what it's like...people kind od treat you like you don't have migraine if you don't have auras.
nikita

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement