No. of Recommendations: 1
Retiring overseas, be careful. Panama is on something are just as high as it is in the states. And sometimes you don't have the support when things go wrong like you do in the states.

Is Panama Still a Retirement Haven?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7839908/is_panama_s...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope to retire at least for the winters in Panama. I lived there from mid 1988 to near the end of 1990. Been back to visit twice. My DW is from Panama and has been back more than me.

I loved the country while living there even though it was when Noriega was there. I was there during Operation Just Cause as well.

Now, times are better in Panama. We'll see if I can spend the winters there though. I have about 6 years until I can FIRE and a lot can happen during that amount of time.
No. of Recommendations: 1
FIRE?

Is that eFf It, Retire Early? Or something else?

Thanks,
Mason
<<FIRE?

Is that eFf It, Retire Early? Or something else?
>>

Financially independent - retired early.

Seattle Pioneer
Thanks
Now, times are better in Panama. We'll see if I can spend the winters there though. I have about 6 years until I can FIRE and a lot can happen during that amount of time.

Live there for years, seen the prices go up, still have a home there, but live there only a few months out the year. usually during the winter sometimes, but I love the summers when it's hot and raining.

fun2bretired
Advertisement