UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: spl241 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932939  
Subject: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/17/2012 1:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 65
Romney was awed while visiting the palatial manor of Papa John CEO John Schnatter: "Who would’ve imagined pizza could build this? This is really something. Don’t you love this country? What a home this is, what grounds these are--the pool, the golf course! This is a real tribute to America, to entrepreneurship." So--would Obamacare really impact Schnatter's ability to maintain his lavish estate of 40,000 sq. ft. with several swimming pools and a golf course in a ritzy Louisville suburb? Estimates of his personal fortune are in the $250-500M range.

Schnatter made the "crusty" claim that the new health care law will cost Papa about $5 to $8 million per year. To compensate, Schnatter said he will likely raise pizza prices and reduce workers’ hours so he doesn’t have to insure them. Schnatter screamed that, by damn, don't yell when my pizzas go up between 11 and 14 cents each. However, Caleb Melby of Forbes scrutinized Schnatter's ACA math in depth. Result?? To cover Obamacare adequately, those pies need to be raised only 3.4-4.6 cents apiece.

Instead of his alleged Obamacare ding, maybe Schnatter is re-thinking his latest promos. In Sept., he gave away 4000 freebies in NYC to commemorate the opening of his 4000th store. Then there's his current ad with Peyton Manning in which Peyton "raises" Papa's offer of 1 million free pizzas and raises him to 2 million. Melby notes that this would be a self-imposed nick of between $24 and $32 million.

Read Melby's in-depth analysis immediately below: he digs into pizza sizes, shareholder info, and other salient details that convincingly prove that John Schnatter may have--do I dare say it?--LIED.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/calebmelby/2012/11/12/breaking-d...

14 words sums it up: Papa John's Obamacare Costs Are Far Less Than the Price Of Free Pizza Giveaway

(rest of post has info from:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/papa-johns-obamacar...)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FKJacobs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837838 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/17/2012 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 5
What is needs is Federal regulation to make these huge multi-billion dollar companies companies that exploit underpaid folks with little or no benefits pay full boat -- no matter what --.

As it is many of their workers need federal and state programs like food stamps to survive...

We need a new much more aggressive labor movement...

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837842 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/17/2012 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
What is needs is Federal regulation to make these huge multi-billion dollar companies companies that exploit underpaid folks with little or no benefits pay full boat -- no matter what --.

Pay full boat for what? Health care? As far as being underpaid, the market sets the rates. These are low skilled jobs that high school kids often take. Are you suggesting that the Federal government now dictate pay scales???

Grape

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837890 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/17/2012 7:19 PM
As far as being underpaid, the market sets the rates. These are low skilled jobs that high school kids often take.

Which makes the "market" for these jobs massively tilted towards the kids--because their healthcare costs are covered by their parents. So, there is zero cost for their healthcare insurance by the pizza business.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838053 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 12:13 PM
Papa J means more to the economy than any of us.

Good for him for responding to you in kind.

Recs don't equal jobs.

But those job losses equal deficits.

Deficits that you deserve.

Obama 2012

JediG .... lol

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838077 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 1:29 PM
Papa J means more to the economy than any of us.

Nope. Wrong. There is nothing PJ delivers that we can't get anywhere else.

Good for him for responding to you in kind.

That's a joke.

But those job losses equal deficits.

Deficits that you deserve.

Deserve? What a fine thought from you Jedi, comme d'habitude. You are so warm and generous.

Fortunately, the country is going to come back stronger with a leader who doesn't share your contempt for people you think worse than you.

LOL!

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838078 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 1:34 PM
Jingoism lol

Wake up.

In the meantime your personal attacks will cost a billion in debt. Lol you can't change reality.

Rec and whine. But enjoy the budget cuts

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838211 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 6:01 PM
Recommendations: 3
I cannot find one word in your response that has anything to do with my post. Except you do make personal attacks and you do have contempt for people not like you. Gloat on, if it makes you feel important and worthwhile.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838220 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 6:22 PM
The CEO is obviously an Righty, Rush Limbaugh lover...

what? He was one of the first big advertising buyers to stop all ads on Rush Limbaugh after he made fun of Fluke?

Oh.... then why would he be saying that his costs will go up with Obamacare?

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838257 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 7:32 PM
Jingo on rummy

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838269 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/18/2012 8:23 PM
Rummy? Why bring him up at this point. Though since you did, you probably want to prepare this song:

Jingo Bells

Our jets put on a show
Wreaking vengeance overhead
Drop "daisies" as they go
What's a few brown kiddies dead?
Bombing is "our thing"
It makes our spirits bright
What fun it is to kill and sing
A slaying song tonight!

Chorus

Jingo bells, jingo bells
Pres' says, "Bombs Away!"
Oh what pride from genocide
So fly that flag today
Oh!
Jingo bells, jingo bells
Pres' says, "Bombs Away!"
Oh what pride from genocide
So fly that flag today!

Coke boy roars, "Let's roll!"
Sna-rickering his sneer
With murderous delight
He's grinning ear to ear
His missus though aghast
Support to him must give
But adds, "We'll drop some food at last
Case any of them live!"

(chorus)

Junior's acting gruff
Powell's daffier each day
Rummy's snortin' tough
And Dick's still hid away
Leeza's ricing white
And Ari's flesh is thin
Bullies whining, "Might makes right"
Oh what a mess were in!

(chorus)

Ere the ground turns white
We'll turn it crimson red
Blasting gridiron holes
Filled with collateral dead
Just let the bomb door bay
Release its treasured might
Blow 'em all to smithereens
Oh what a lovely sight!

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838416 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/19/2012 9:36 AM
That math is awful flawed because it's only looking at the direct cost of ObamaKare. It's leaving out the indirect costs. How much did Papa John's have to spend to figure out the actual cost, how many more accountant hours are needed? How many more lawyer hours...since each State will have slightly different rules via the exchanges, what's that cost. What's the new cost from suppliers? Do the tomatoe and cheese suppliers raise their prices as well?

That's estimate is extremely low and doesn't look at the actual cost. It looks at the direct costs.

For example if you raise the gas tax 5 cents a gallon, your new cost isn't 5 cents times the amount of gas you buy. It's 5 cents times the amount of gas you buy PLUS, the increase for items you buy that pass on their increase tax to you, even if it's half the new burden.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838426 of 1932939
Subject: Re: Papa J. CEO's "ACA Math" Trashed Date: 11/19/2012 10:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
LOL...

Status quo.

Getting good.

Gonna get better.

Deserved.

Recs in cyberspace, powerless to stop it.

Obama 2012

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement