Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2400  
Subject: Parking on the road Date: 12/25/2003 9:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I transport RVs from manufacturer to dealer. I tow my car as my means of getting home after the trip. As most of you know, trying to back a car when its behind an RV is difficult at best. No, don't suggest camp grounds. I'm trying to make money here, not spend it. As it stands now I look for Petro, TA, and Flying J truck stops. Where can I find a guide that has pull-through parking sites? I've found guides but they seem to have everything except that information. Also, where can I get a guide that has Wal-Mart locations?

Merry Christmas.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NewPenny Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1105 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 12/25/2003 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi, Wolverine307,

I tow a car as well, and often park in truck stops on my way to planned destinations. It really helps to keep the costs down. I just tuck myself into the front half of an "inny-outy" truck space located as far to the back of the lot as possible. You probably do the same thing, pulling all the way through both truck-length spaces to ensure that you can simply pull forward out of the space when you leave. This is actually my favored overnight accomodation.

I can't help with the pull-thru list, but I can help you find WalMart stores. WalMart sells a large size atlas, which lists all store locations as well as typical atlas info. They even tell which are Super stores in case you need groceries, too. I've found their atlas quite helpful when I get tired enroute and need to pull off sooner than I expected.

I'm sure others will post on the topic.

Penny
"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right."

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1106 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 1/17/2004 7:58 AM
Recommendations: 2
Thank you for the tip on the Wal-Mart atlas. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I got a chance to take a unit to San Diego the day after posting the message, so I jumped on it. Imagine that, going to San Diego in the winter. Man, that was tough :).

I immediately went out to get one after reading your response. I used it a few times to find a Wal-Mart or two to settle down for the night.

Author: GrandmaLil Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1107 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 1/17/2004 9:22 PM
Recommendations: 3
I got the same Atlas on the advice of my brother. I am leaving on Tuesday heading south from New Jersey to Florida. I plan to stay in campgrounds, but it sure will be reassuring to know where the Walmart's are, just in case I need one.
For those of you in the Northern sections of the country, bundle up and stay warm. Don't forget that a good hot toddy can take the chill out of your bones.
Regards, Grandma

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1108 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 1/23/2004 1:42 AM
Recommendations: 2
I got the same Atlas on the advice of my brother. I am leaving on Tuesday heading south from New Jersey to Florida. I plan to stay in campgrounds, but it sure will be reassuring to know where the Wal-Mart's are, just in case I need one.

For those of you in the Northern sections of the country, bundle up and stay warm. Don't forget that a good hot toddy can take the chill out of your bones.

Regards, Grandma

This may not reach you because you may have left yet I wish you a safe trip and a pleasant ride. You are going to be in Florida. What a place to be. Here in the Pacific Northwest it's cold and wet. As you travel south, look to the west and note the green glow on the horizon: it's my envy.

As for the advice on a toddy, thanks. Sometimes the chill gets down to the bones and a toddy can make the difference between surviving and liking it.

If you can get on the Internet, let us know how you're doing.

MichaelR

Author: sandpiper5203 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1218 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 6/9/2004 10:31 PM
I am interested in transporting RVs. Woould you be willing to tell me how I get started?

Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1219 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 6/10/2004 9:54 AM
I am interested in transporting RVs. Woould you be willing to tell me how I get started?

I don't really have any idea, but I do know that several of the salespeople at my RV shop also do the transportation of the vehicles to shows and to customers. At least that's what they tell me when I'm looking for the same guy who I talked to last time about a problem with my rig.

Maybe they hire other people too when they need extra help? Dunno. I guess I'd call a couple of the shops and ask.

Author: VlLPastor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1221 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 6/10/2004 11:28 AM
<< I am interested in transporting RVs. Woould you be willing to tell me how I get started? >>

I remember reading that the big RV rental companies do big moves twice a year. Once in the late Fall, to move the inventory out of the snowy areas and once in the early Spring, to move them back.

I don't recall how much, if any, it paid. You could call some of the big rental companies and find out if my recollection is correct.

Valerie

Author: GrandmaLil Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1223 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 6/10/2004 7:02 PM
When I purchased my Minnie, it was driven from the factory to the dealer by a driver. It seems to me that is the way that they get most of the new units to dealers (they are a little big for a car carrier). Perhaps you can contact a manufacturer and see if they have any needs.

Author: NewPenny Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1224 of 2400
Subject: Re: Parking on the road Date: 6/11/2004 10:43 AM
Sandpiper,

Here's a link to an RV bookstore that sells a book describing just what you're looking to do. I haven't read the book or tried getting into this, but perhaps the book will help.

http://www.rvbookstore.com/deliver.html

Enjoy!

Penny

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement