UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFCogitarius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195  
Subject: Parrots down, under Date: 9/30/2011 1:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
'It’s actually a regular event in the Northern Territory, at least: the beginning of the northern wet season also coincides with parrots like the Red-Collared Lorikeet somehow hitting the sauce and staggering into animal shelters to sleep it off.

As Australian Geographic reports, “drunk lorikeet” season is typified by birds falling over, having trouble flying, and colliding with things. Like your average pub drunk, they’re also prone to a parrot version of “I love youse brother”, instead losing their fear of people.

Northern Territory blogger Bob Gosford Tweeted to El Reg that “I’ve seen them roaring drunk and laughing out loud like Irish backpackers”. :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/29/drunk_parrots_in_oz/...
---------------------
GG Home Fool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFDoraemon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 181 of 195
Subject: Re: Parrots down, under Date: 9/30/2011 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Must see video to go along with the story!

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/drunken-parro...

Best,

Nathan

Author: TMFCogitarius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182 of 195
Subject: Re: Parrots down, under Date: 9/30/2011 2:56 PM
Recommendations: 0
LOL. They look seriously sozzled :)
----------------------
GG Home Fool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement